The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

7 hours ago, AJ said:

I remember the last 3 games of the 14/15 season, once it was confirmed we had dodged relegation. Loss to Southampton 6 -1, 1 nil loss to already relegated Burnley at Villa Park, then the 4 nil implosion in the FA cup final. I actually thought are we really serious about keeping this guy?

but the previous 6 games or so we beat Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and West Ham and robbed at Man City

• Like 2

2 hours ago, av1 said:

This must be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on VT. 

Sherwood is an absolute word removed and a fraud of a manager, but to suggest he deliberately assembled a poor squad and lost football matches is absolutely ridiculous.

Well I'm sorry that you dont see it.

TS will never admit it

but ask yourself this

Why make selections, subs, tactics and what else the way he did - Lesta away being the master of all strokes?

Does he seem devastated at losing a job at a big club - the biggest he'll be offered?

He destroyed the players in 10 games.

Ultimately

He got a payoff

we got relegated

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Well I'm sorry that you dont see it.

TS will never admit it

but ask yourself this

Why make selections, subs, tactics and what else the way he did - Lesta away being the master of all strokes?

Does he seem devastated at losing a job at a big club - the biggest he'll be offered?

He destroyed the players in 10 games.

Ultimately

He got a payoff

we got relegated

Why would he potentially destroy a career in football for the rest of his life, for a pay off from Randy Lerner? It makes absolutely no sense. It's utter madness to even suggest this as a small possibility, let alone actually believe it to be true. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why would he potentially destroy a career in football for the rest of his life for a pay off from Randy Lerner? It makes absolutely no sense. It's utter madness to even suggest this a small possibility, let a lone actually believe it to be true. 

I'm sorry that you dont see it

Just now, Grasshopper said:

I'm sorry that you dont see it

Nobody sees it? Nobody. 

It would be huge news if a premier league manager spent £60 million on new players with the sole intention of getting sacked after a few games. It's absolute madness to suggest it. It makes no sense. 

Why would he do it? And potentially destroy his reputation and any chance of employment in the game in the future?

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Nobody sees it? Nobody  

oh dear you answer fir everybody

I believe I'm wasting energy but as you seem to want to discuss further......

It would be huge news if a premier league manager spent £60 million on new players with the sole intention of getting sacked after a few games. It's absolute madness to suggest it. It makes no sense.  

so you know the arguement

Reilly did it

sherwood did it

Why would he do

it? And potentially destroy his reputation and any chance of employment in the game in the future?

Ok

take his highest stock point

Just saved us from relegation and beat L'pool in FA semi @ wembley

was this enough to get

1) ManU job

2) ManC job

3) Chelsea job

4) Liverpool job

5) Arsenal job (if he'd take it)

6) his beloved Spurs job back

7) England job

7x NO

So a management career for his self opinionated ego is/was well & truly OVER

Any job was only ever gonna be a cushy number for the cash

Villa was a chance to get some cred & money

He'll always bang on about the fans but cant devulge anything about Lerner. So he's got no comeupance.

He doesnt care about AVFC, never has never did and never will, it was just a job he could get a payoff for.

He could have taken/applied for other jobs before us but didnt.

Now he's a protected DoF without blame.

A charlatan.

I'm still amazed that you dont see it

Sorry, to say he deliberately purchased poor players and managed them badly to get a payoff is absurd.

He turned down plenty of jobs before Villa, that may have paid the same (Baggies and QPR I think) so if he was money obsessed why didn't he take them?

He was just a poor manager in a poorly run club.

He'll always bang on about the fans but cant devulge anything about Lerner. So he's got no comeupance.

No doubt part of the compensation package, which is no doubt paid monthly over a period of time. 

• Like 1

Then you can all go on living in your logic houses

Fair enough having a different opinion but to claim knowing better is arrogant

I stated an opinion, gave reasons, was queried, explained my reasons and now have to read crap from people who have no way to prove either or being correct or not.

arrogance!!

Anyway

UTV

VTID

Merry Xmas

3pts monday please

The only thing missing from that conspiracy theory is state sponsored assistance from the Russians.  

Have Putin and Sherwood ever met?

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

The only thing missing from that conspiracy theory is state sponsored assistance from the Russians.  

Have Putin and Sherwood ever met?

i stated an opinion

you labelled it a CT

but I get the joke anyway

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

i stated an opinion

you labelled it a CT

but I get the joke anyway

Mate, I think your speculation, or opinion, might be a little over the top. Sherwood sucked, most definitely. But for the reason for our demise, if a census was taken, most people would say that the blame would land at Lerner's feet.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

but the previous 6 games or so we beat Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and West Ham and robbed at Man City

Yes, which is part of my point. He was doing fantastic until it was confirmed we were safe, then we seemed to nosedive into a pile of shit.

I am not subscribing to the opinion of deliberate sabotage, it was just one of those things that made me go " hmm".

Â