The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 

6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

It's a fair, and good question.  If we pick a balanced XI with our best players, put in a good shift and he looks like he is in charge of things, then I couldn't argue against him.  It's not so much the results this season that had annoyed me but his conduct in almost every aspect of his management, and short of a personality transplant I can't see things changing which is why I'd make the call now, accept it is going to cost £10m or whatever to get rid of him and get Moyes in.

• Like 2

Say we get a result against a shit Chelsea. What then? Do we still pull the trigger on the basis that he probably doesn't have a clue or would it be a stay of execution?

For me it would have to buy a stay of execution. As it is rightly said that goals can change matches, a result can also change a season. Not saying it will, but he would've earned the right to fight another battle. 

I think that a good performance, with cohesive play, a well setup team, reactive, proactive and effective subs would be a start however. The biggest disappointment from the last 3 games (including the win against the Blose) was not taking the game to the opposition from the get go. Liverpool and WBA were there for the taking, but we let them play their game. 

I suspect it was a reaction to the Leicester collapse, but Sherwood seems to be like an inexperienced driver caught in a tank slapper. He 'over corrects' with a heavy hand, when really a bit of nous and finesse is required.

• Like 1

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 

6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

I would still want him gone. Sure he could pick up a couple of results but that doesn't take away from all the negatives, the attitude, the tactics, the lack of any sort of playing style or identity.

Now a genuine question for those that want to give him time. 

What exactly have you saw in Sherwood so far that makes you think he can be successful at this Football Club? Or indeed any football club outside of the Birmingham boys league?

With all due respect,  I think this question misses the point. I want Sherwood gone because of the very fact that I believe he is incapable of getting 5 decent results! In fact, I'm not sure he is capable of 1 decent result anymore. He simply has to go now before its too late.

Edited by One For The Road

Even if we got another 7 points from the next 5 games that will only give us 11 points from 13 games (about a third of a season). That is not really acceptable is it?

But it's obvious that if they don't sack him now and he gets a result at Chelsea then he's going to stay. They are not going to give him time and then sack him.

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

Even if we got another 7 points from the next 5 games that will only give us 11 points from 13 games (about a third of a season). That is not really acceptable is it?

I think it is in this context. If you triple it for the full three thirds then you get 33 which means that even a small improvement over the rest of the season, which you would expect from a developing squad, improves our point return and gets us close to or beyond safety.

I'd be intrigued to know what the players think of him. They, arguably, have more influence on whether he gets the sack than the immediate results.

If players like Richards, Gabby and even young Gresford collectively lose faith in Sherwood then he'll be out the door pretty quickly.

Since his first game on February 21st we've won 6 league matches. West Brom (h), Sunderland (a), Spurs (a), Everton (h), West Ham (h) and this season Bournemouth (a).  We've drawn 3-3 at home with a QPR team who had barely scored away all season, and lost against John Carver's Newcastle, Stoke (twice), Burnley (h), 6-1 against Southampton, and absolutely capitulated in the cup final.

Not great is it...

Since his first game on February 21st we've won 6 league matches. West Brom (h), Sunderland (a), Spurs (a), Everton (h), West Ham (h) and this season Bournemouth (a).  We've drawn 3-3 at home with a QPR team who had barely scored away all season, and lost against John Carver's Newcastle, Stoke (twice), Burnley (h), 6-1 against Southampton, and absolutely capitulated in the cup final.

Not great is it...

It is this season that counts though as he now has 'his players' and not the crap left by Lambert. With 'his players' he has won 1, drawn 1 and lost 6 and failed to win at home 'fortress Villa Park'. A truly pathetic return on investment.

A very good question. Given those games 5 points would be enough for me to buy him extra time, even 4 would be a reasonable return. 

Unfortunately even that number of points is likely to leave us a long way adrift which is why I think we need to act now.

He has to go now, the longer he continues the worst our position will be.

No idea who's up next, maybe  the wally with the brolly?......only jokin ;)

After the shit we've all endured over the last 5 seasons surely there has to be one decent manager out there that can organise this mess of a club like Graeme Taylor did.

Fox has to find that man and quickly!

I'd be intrigued to know what the players think of him. They, arguably, have more influence on whether he gets the sack than the immediate results.

If players like Richards, Gabby and even young Gresford collectively lose faith in Sherwood then he'll be out the door pretty quickly.

imo they already have the way they are playing, they are hardly putting a shift in are they?

And then when your manager comes out and says i have no creativity or my layers are not fit what are they going to think?....exactly.

Its just the same as you or me at work, got an arse of a manager and you'll do what you have to, got a bloke who looks after you regardless and you'll put an extra shift in.....the players are going through the motions.

• Like 1

Â