The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Surprised if he isn't sacked by the end of this coming week, not to mention extremely disappointed.

Would you really be.  There hasnt been one person on here who has wanted rid of Sherwood more than me but id be surprised if he is sacked before the next 3 games min

We're already four points adrift and with playing Chelsea away next and Albion at home to Sunderland that gap could get even bigger. With the TV money, the money we've just spent on players and the club being up for sale, we can't really afford to lose ground on the teams above us, I mean this season it's more important that we stay up than ever. I'd like to think that Fox will do the right thing.

Paul Lambert is on the BBC's Match of the Day paper review thing at 12:15. He might well have a view.

Henry winter tweeted about the show, it's about managers under pressure, advocaat, Jose, wenger, Rodgers... No mention of sherwood

If we got what we deserved on the opening day Sherwood would be gone by now. He won't be sacked during the international break because that would be far too sensible. I expect the people at the top of Avfc to continue to be cowardly in burying their heads under the sand, or pile of shit that is served up at VP.

Edited by Arj Guy

Bosses under pressure article on the BBC has a short mention about Sherwood. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34436050

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood, whose team are 18th and four points from safety after a 1-0 home defeat by Stoke: "I am the manager and I have to take responsibility. That's my job and I understand that fully. It's a tougher job now than it was 10 or 15 years ago. You used to just have Saint and Greavsie but there are a few more pundits around these days."

Aston Villa

• Villa have picked up just one point in their past seven Premier League games.
  • Tim Sherwood has now lost as many Premier League games (19) as he has won (19).

McNulty: Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood arrived in succession to sacked Paul Lambert in a blaze of positivity, helped by arun to the FA Cup Final, albeit a thrashing by Arsenal, and Premier League safety.

Since then they have lost key men Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke - and despite heavy inward investment Sherwood is now singing from a different songsheet after he announced Premier League survival is the only goal.

Verdict: Heard the hostility of the Villa Park crowd after a 1-0 defeat to Stoke City on Saturday but still very much owner Randy Lerner's man, helped by the fact he is not the first manager who has had to try and lift the club out of this position in recent years. 

Shearer: "It's worrying when the manager says it's getting worse. Defensively against Stoke they were really poor. It's a worrying time for Villa." 

Edited by sexbelowsound

Advocaat has left Sunderland. Can't believe I'd ever  be jealous of them but I am now. They have a 2 week break to bring a new manager in whilst we plod on with our clueless arsehat manager.

They'll end up getting Allardyce.

We'll end up sacking Sherwood in a month and gambling on somebody else who'll turn out to be not very good either.

NigelPerason.jpg

Signings were probably Paddy Reilly's and Almstadt's, which makes me wonder if Allardyce would come and work in those conditions. If that's the route we're going down then it might be another reason to go for a foreign coach who's more used to that kind of set up.

I think Sherwood is on record saying he has the final say concerning transfers. It is the reason (above) why we should go for somebody like Vieira rather than a Allardyce type, British managers have not worked well for the club in recent times.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Signings were probably Paddy Reilly's and Almstadt's, which makes me wonder if Allardyce would come and work in those conditions. If that's the route we're going down then it might be another reason to go for a foreign coach who's more used to that kind of set up.

I think Sherwood is on record saying he has the final say concerning transfer. It is the reason (above) why we should go for somebody like Vieira rather than a Allardyce type, British managers have not worked well for the club in recent times.

Although I agree that British managers have not necessarily served us well, surely someone like Vieira is far too much of a gamble given he has zero experience. I'd want someone a bit more proven if possible. 

Well well well...

Had my suspicions over him and the past couple of weeks have just confirmed them.

I've already stated on many occasions it is important the club learn from the past and get rid when the time is right which is now, keeping him will not make him a better manager nor will it help us as a club. Just let him go.

There is now a 2 week break, now is the ideal time to change manager as options are now out there it also gives the new manager time to bed in new ideas and really work hard on the training ground to sort out this mess but we won't because we don't learn from past situations as a club.

• Like 1

Advocaat has left Sunderland. Can't believe I'd ever  be jealous of them but I am now. They have a 2 week break to bring a new manager in whilst we plod on with our clueless arsehat manager.

They'll end up getting Allardyce.

We'll end up sacking Sherwood in a month and gambling on somebody else who'll turn out to be not very good either.

NigelPerason.jpg

No thanks... But this is the future unfortunately.

Paul Lambert is on the BBC's Match of the Day paper review thing at 12:15. He might well have a view. 

Henry winter tweeted about the show, it's about managers under pressure, advocaat, Jose, wenger, Rodgers... No mention of sherwood

Winter tweeted me back saying they will be talking about sherwwod especially with Lambert there, not sure for how long though

If we got what we deserved on the opening day Sherwood would be gone by now.

You could counter balance that by saying we deserved to beat Sunderland and get at least a point from Leicester and Palace. Nine times out of ten over a long period of games the points total is generally what you deserve which is why come the end of the season the table doesn't lie.

It all comes back to the crux of all this which is whether you believe the amount of games we have played with this group of players is long enough to make a judgement on the manager. Personally I am not sure that it is but it matters little what me or any other fans thinks for that matter. Lerner and Fox will make that call but I don't believe they will for a second think he has yet been given long enough, given the huge turn over in players, to allow them to judge him and make such a massive decision. That situation can quickly change though and I'd imagine if we are here in three weeks and have suffered two more defeats then he could well be in danger of the push.

If we got what we deserved on the opening day Sherwood would be gone by now.

You could counter balance that by saying we deserved to beat Sunderland and get at least a point from Leicester and Palace. Nine times out of ten over a long period of games the points total is generally what you deserve which is why come the end of the season the table doesn't lie.

It all comes back to the crux of all this which is whether you believe the amount of games we have played with this group of players is long enough to make a judgement on the manager. Personally I am not sure that it is but it matters little what me or any other fans thinks for that matter. Lerner and Fox will make that call but I don't believe they will for a second think he has yet been given long enough, given the huge turn over in players, to allow them to judge him and make such a massive decision. That situation can quickly change though and I'd imagine if we are here in three weeks and have suffered two more defeats then he could well be in danger of the push.

No we didn't.

Adovcaat changed the game and a point was all we deserved because Sherwood didn't react and Leicester, we deserved to lose because of Sherwood's subs.

Sorry Tim, but please do the honourable thing and resign.

it will look good on your CV that you saved us from relegation and got us to a cup final. If a new manager comes in and gets results you can always say that you wasnt given enough time

what happens from now on if you stay will not look good for you.

AVFC owe you a BIG thank you for saving us last season, but you should quit while youre ahead. I can only see downhill from here on in.

thanx again

A quote that shows just how naïve and stupid he is...

"We are trying to find the right. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won.

You have to keep jigging it around and find the right solution"

Taken from th OS.

The man is an idiot, that basically says every game you don't win you need to change the formation of line up.

Here is an idea Tactics. How about you work out what system or systems you want to use, what formation and pick the players best suited to it. Then you make changes based on fitness and form.

Oh and between games you could work on things like oh I don't know maybe attacking set plays, defending set pieces, taking them oh and you know.... defending!

It's kind of what managers and thei coaching staff do. 

It might prove more successful than your managerial top trumps approach where you keep trying a different set up each week hoping you stumble on a win.

Complete clown.

His tactics weren't too bad last season when he pulled us out of trouble. I still say our three best players last season plus the one leader we had all leaving the club has left a huge hole to fill. I believe it is going to take longer than 8 games. All this knee jerk reactions does nobody any good.

Â