The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

With all respect Lambert didn't have the options Tim has. 

We have a 10m striker on the bench, again, not getting minutes when there are PL points to be won.

lambert had two players that are better than aanything we currently have in our squad.

Yes and he was very lucky he inherited a player of Benteke's quality. Not only did he keep us up almost single handedly he also generated an awful lot of money for Sherwood to invest in the squad. Sadly it does not seem that Sherwood trusts half of his signings and seems to have a knack of dropping the players who seem to be performing well. Tactically he is absolutely shocking. Liverpool were absolutely there for the taking today, their defence is diabolical and yet he seemed to looking for damage reduction. What happened to 'having a real good go at it'?

• Like 1

Sherwood has shown me nothing tactically to suggest he's a decent manager

Picks the same underperforming players who are clearly his favourites

Doesn't play the correct systems to get the best out of the players he has

Doesn't make subs when they are needed or set his team up to react to other teams substitutions

Bit of a prick when it comes to the media as well

Even if this is true, I never understand why this is ever a criteria.

I like Tim.. he seems a likable chap.. but hes not a premier league manager.

That is FOUR games HE cost us points. We have a good team. When we tried to get forward we scored against Liverpool.. everyone knows their defence is shit and the plan should have been to attack them from the get go and if we score early their fans would have been booing and whistling. Instead he sits back.... CONCEDES... still sits back... CONCEDE AGAIN... and then made the change. Yet against Leicester when should have brought on defenders at 2-0 he brings on strikers. He has no idea in tactics... he really doesnt. He wont learn as he did the same at Spurs.

Gil scores... then no where to be seen. Ayew has his best performance which must have given him confidence.. doesnt get off the bench. MAKE THE MOST OF THE PLAYERS WHO ARE ON A HIGH.

It really isnt rocket science. Sinclair playing the full game? he did his best impression of Gabby today.

Lescott is a terrible player. Should not have been signed.. Should not be playing regularly. I hope Okore is back soon.. or give Crespo a go. Lescott and Clark are not good enough.

We have a much better squad than last season..... we should have done better. Disappointing.

It's not the fourth time he has cost us, it's because we have new players.

You guys are ridiculous.  This season hasn't even been that bad in terms of performances - and all for a new team.

The people calling for his sacking should be ashamed.

Its not about performances its about getting points on the table which is something tim is failing to do atm Im not in the tim out camp YET but this whole "its a new team they need to gel" excuse is wearing a little thin. When teams like watford and norwich can be cruising on 9 points just shows how shit we still are.

• Like 1

You guys are ridiculous.  This season hasn't even been that bad in terms of performances - and all for a new team.

LOL

It really hasn't though.

It has, we're back to our clueless looking no obvious tactics, no shape, no style, no identity, make it up as we go along Aston villa, only this time to make it worse it looks like the players don't care

• Like 1

I honestly think some people should probably head over to the Randy Lerner thread and express their opinions about him in there as well. I couldn't care less if he wants to sell the club, he has been nothing but bad news for the majority of his time here and whilst Sherwood obviously had a lot of money to spend Lerner must have been licking his lips to think he could get away with such a small injection of cash to supplement the transfer sales.

The whole club is being made to look stupid by one man and and that isn't Tim Sherwood and it wasn't Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish.

i agree on the whole, Lerner is forgotten about. I would say the manager does take some blame, McLeish and Lambert both played their part and if it continues so will Sherwood. But on the whole, the demise of the club has been accelerated thanks to the decisions made by the owner.

How long does it take for a manager to get tactics right? I can understand the players are new and need time (which some aren't getting), but when you have a team with no formation (all over the place), who aren't filling in, there is no fluidity and things are made worse by the manager getting it wrong from the start or making the wrong changes, how long do we need before he learns?

Liverpool were there for the taking today, in front of what could have been a very restless Anfield. Instead of putting them under more pressure by pressing high up we sat back and let them grow in confidence. The result actually flatters us and again Sherwood has shown us nothing to suggest he is a Premiership manager. Now we are in the bottom three and I think we will be there for a long time.

I can appreciate we have a new squad, but time and time again, tactical errors have cost us, and now we have a new squad of players trying to learn how to play with each other with the added pressure of being in the drop zone. Exactly what we didn't want, coming up to a very tricky run of fixtures.

Don't think he will get sack, but he has some serious questions to answer in my eyes. Watching the game am pretty sure everyone questions what Sinclair offered us out there I can't see any reason why he wasn't subbed off. 

Not just this game, things like replacing Clark with lescott, anyone can see we were organised better with Clark/Richards, yes bring lescott into squad but can't see how he walks straight into team.  Continues to play Westwood, nothing against him but I don't see what he offers either, doesn't tackle great, doesn't split open defences, doesn't bust a gut to join attack, all I see is him get in sanchezs/gana's way stopping them doing what they are good at.

Yes we can all sit here and pretend to be football managers, but the above really is not rocket science, I would love an audience with Tim to ask a few questions....

I honestly think some people should probably head over to the Randy Lerner thread and express their opinions about him in there as well. I couldn't care less if he wants to sell the club, he has been nothing but bad news for the majority of his time here and whilst Sherwood obviously had a lot of money to spend Lerner must have been licking his lips to think he could get away with such a small injection of cash to supplement the transfer sales.

The whole club is being made to look stupid by one man and and that isn't Tim Sherwood and it wasn't Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish.

i agree on the whole, Lerner is forgotten about. I would say the manager does take some blame, McLeish and Lambert both played their part and if it continues so will Sherwood. But on the whole, the demise of the club has been accelerated thanks to the decisions made by the owner.

Some, of course, but go back to the Lambert and McLeish threads and look at the way this one is going. For people who are fractionally to blame they take the brunt of discontent whilst the main issue hides away in another country.

Seriously seriously where the **** was Ayew today? Or Gil who has been one of our best players creatively and scored our best goal of the season?

ive just realised after that Stoke win we are 2 adrift already. Our next month of fixtures are horrific. By the end of October we could be well in the shit

**** sake.

LOL

It really hasn't though.

It has, we're back to our clueless looking no obvious tactics, no shape, no style, no identity, make it up as we go along Aston villa, only this time to make it worse it looks like the players don't care

They care so little, they fought back into the game.

Some people speak absolute garbage.  What "style" or "identity" are you wanting to see from the club, or are they just weird buzz words used to criticise someone?

• Like 1

Insults and calling for him to be sacked? Yeah you're right, people obviously like him.

I liked Lambert too FWIW.. still needed to go. He is just very naive and slow to react to whats in front of him. Yet the average fan or pundit can see the problems earlier.

Don't let the late rally when we had nothing to lose fool anyone. Liverpool were totally there for the taking, we lacked the game-plan to exploit it.

This was a game where all the pressure was on them open the game. Just had to have a sound defensive structure (which we did in the first-half) and hit on the counter. This got me thinking, why can't Sherwood implement an effective counter approach? Obviously you don't want us to revert to the one-dimensional counter-attacking side we were previously but there are games in which it is our best shot (cup final screams out) and we just don't do it. The only game under this manager I can think of in which we did was Spurs away. 

But anyway, this will be one of the most winnable of our upcoming fixtures and we messed it up, so God knows where the win will come from. Stoke absolutely must-win. Fail to win and I'm afraid to say that idealism goes out of the window when it comes to affording the manager his due time.

• Like 2

Â