The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm actually stunned this amount of people are calling for him to be sacked. Jesus, once he got the job even McLeish was given longer to have a chance with his team. 

**** joke. 

I agree. We're 8 games in after signing 11 new players. Give him a chance. I very much suspect that we will start picking up points around Xmas. 

• Like 1

Worse than Lambert? Do me a **** favour! Some people have very short memories

some of the performances this season have been worse than Hull away which was judged to be Lambert's worst ever performance as Villa manager

Edited by AshVilla

some of the performances this season have been worse than Hull away which was judged to be Lambert's worst ever performance as Villa manager

I really don't think they have to be honest. Nothing has been that bad. 

• Like 3

It was consistently dismal under Lambert for months on end. With Sherwood there are glimpses of good amongst bad.

Its a whole new team, it needs more than a handful of games.

What happens if we sack him? A new manager who wants to change the team again. Cue another year of transition.

He needs to be given until at least Xmas before any decision is made 

How is he proving otherwise?

Scoring goals for one! 

And losing games? 

I want Sherwood to be the best manager in the world and i'll be supporting him for as long as he is here but he is just not a good manager YET.

With all respect Lambert didn't have the options Tim has. 

We have a 10m striker on the bench, again, not getting minutes when there are PL points to be won.

Yep we mustn't forget that Tim has had a lot more financial backing than Lambert.

Scoring goals for one! 

And losing games? 

I want Sherwood to be the best manager in the world and i'll be supporting him for as long as he is here but he is just not a good manager YET.

We lost plenty under Lambert as well. I'd guess Sherwood still has a better points per game ratio than Lambert?

I'm not saying i'm delighted with Sherwood at present but currently I see enough positives to be optimistic we can improve

Sherwood has shown me nothing tactically to suggest he's a decent manager

Picks the same underperforming players who are clearly his favourites

Doesn't play the correct systems to get the best out of the players he has

Doesn't make subs when they are needed or set his team up to react to other teams substitutions

Bit of a prick when it comes to the media as well

• Like 2

Scoring goals for one! 

And losing games? 

We lost plenty under Lambert as well. I'd guess Sherwood still has a better points per game ratio than Lambert?

I'm not saying i'm delighted with Sherwood at present but currently I see enough positives to be optimistic we can improve

I sincerely hope you are right but for the moment i'll retain my opinion that he is no better than our previous two managers.

Hopefully some time soon you can remind of this and call me a clueless bellend. :)

Edited by sexbelowsound

We have a 10m striker on the bench, again, not getting minutes when there are PL points to be won.

Yep we mustn't forget that Tim has had a lot more financial backing than Lambert.

and 8 games to play them with injuries and players getting up to speed. Are we going to remember that as well?

Inept and useless just about sums him up, his tactics are a disgrace and I'm bewildered as to why Gil, a clear stand out player for us, did not start (or at least get some minutes), and why Ayew, after a great display the other night, didn't get any game time at all. 

Tim's about as clueless as I've seen in our premier league years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

lambert had two players that are better than aanything we currently have in our squad.

and 8 games to play them with injuries and players getting up to speed. Are we going to remember that as well?

Yes we are, well done.

Â