The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If Benteke and Delph are still contracted to us how are we spending money from there departures?

See Spurs before they sold Bale.

Bale compared to Benteke?

one of the biggest clubs in world..champions league every season.Ronaldo Benzema etc... compared to current plop?

Real was guarenteed to sign Bale and are not scared to spend ridiculous money on players

I doubt for one second they would tell Sherwood go and spend 30 mill on the basis that the papers keep saying liverpool want Benteke so there 100% gonna bid?

If Benteke and Delph are still contracted to us how are we spending money from there departures?

one of the biggest clubs in world..champions league every season.Ronaldo Benzema etc... compared to current plop?

Real was guarenteed to sign Bale and are not scared to spend ridiculous money on players

I doubt for one second they would tell Sherwood go and spend 30 mill on the basis that the papers keep saying liverpool want Benteke so there 100% gonna bid?

I'm not saying that is what we are doing but I think some people on here do think this is the case.

Seems a pretty strange argument, there is a massive possibility that Villa know Benteke might not be here come the start of the season, who ever he goes to(if he does). Whether it is the case that we a spending first knowing it is likely, remains to be seen, I'm ever the optimist and hope he's staying.

And for the bollocks about believing the papers, of course that's not what they do, they go by the truth which none of us know much of.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

well i personaly doubt we are spending money we have not recieved/ not guarenteed to recieve

i dont see plop paying 32 mill for Benteke and i can also see Sherwood telling plop ' no players thanks i have my own shopping list '

both players have alleged buy-out clauses so clubs could snap them up if wanted them now without giving us the courtesy of getting replacements and im sure clubs interested would rather have Delph and Benteke for pre-season than say mid-august

We are so used to spending no money that this is a shock to the system. It's still not that much. Look at Lesta dropping 12m on Austin.

Well said. These are not crazy acquisitions for a premier league club to be getting. Its just last summer we really went way too low in terms of spend so its a shock to see us back to decent / ok spend levels.

• Like 1

We are so used to spending no money that this is a shock to the system. It's still not that much. Look at Lesta dropping 12m on Austin.

Very good point that ;)

Definitely.

Plus this is Sherwood, at Spurs they go for players who are rated as potential stars, we haven't done that in many years and we sign gambles.

Sherwood has set a precedent. he wants players he rates highly and not that he thinks will be rated highly, it's a great change of scenery. Fortunately unlike Spurs we can't gamble with numbers, the bigger signings mostly need to work out, I think that's a useful pressure.

Remember the excitement of getting Young and Milner, compare that and the fees we received with the excitement and success of too many recent failures.

Sherwood had a £100 bet today with Pete Colley, saying we still wouldn't have been sold by the time the players return back for pre-season (6/7/15) 

Make of that what you will.

Im sure he can afford to lose 100 quid after his bonus for keeping us up!

Someone remind Colley to bring his £100 along for tomorrows PC  :P

• Like 1

Â