The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The culling continues with the departure of Shay Given today, he really is trying to put his stamp on the squad.

We are so used to spending no money that this is a shock to the system. It's still not that much. Look at Lesta dropping 12m on Austin.

Very good point that ;)

Yeah I thought of it all by myself.... Honestly
  • Like 1

Loving this pre season from Sherwood.

We have cut alot of shit players. Looks like Gil and Guzan will be getting chances and not sold. Brought in a quality Assistant to help him with tactics (my three main gripes with Tim). It appears were bringing in some fairly decent players.

So far so good. Continue on Tim.

Edited by KSV

Ok with that Trent,  but exactly what decision has he taken that any of us wouldnt have done?

There's that and also the question of how much of a part he's playing in all of this. There's Lerner, Fox and Reilly seemingly involved too. 

Ok with that Trent,  but exactly what decision has he taken that any of us wouldnt have done?

Well given that VT as a collective haven't agreed on anything, ever apart from that Ron Vlaar has the most inappropriate nickname ever that is a little hard to answer.

But a lot of fans wouldn't be looking to super seed Guzan as number 1, they wouldn't have sold Weimann, some wouldn't have released Bent.... the threads on here show that. I'm sure quite a few wouldn't have fancied getting Richards either if they are entirely honest.

I think very few would have predicted he would bring in an old hand like Wilkins either, because it indicates a level of self awareness that many people myself included wouldn't have perhaps associated with someone who appears to have an ego larger than N'Zogbia's collection of horrible clothing. 

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special.  Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

Well given that VT as a collective haven't agreed on anything, ever apart from that Ron Vlaar has the most inappropriate nickname ever that is a little hard to answer.

But a lot of fans wouldn't be looking to super seed Guzan as number 1, they wouldn't have sold Weimann, some wouldn't have released Bent.... the threads on here show that. I'm sure quite a few wouldn't have fancied getting Richards either if they are entirely honest.

I think very few would have predicted he would bring in an old hand like Wilkins either, because it indicates a level of self awareness that many people myself included wouldn't have perhaps associated with someone who appears to have an ego larger than N'Zogbia's collection of horrible clothing. 

I wouldn't have insisted on playing a high line against Southampton ;)

• Like 2

I wouldn't have insisted on playing a high line against Southampton ;)

I wouldn't have picked N'Zogbia for the final either :)

I think TS has wisely assembled his backroom staff, very swiftly too. Lambert struggled badly in this department and wrongly took too much of the pressure without any help or support, I believe this played a huge part in his downfall.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

I think TS has wisely assembled his backroom staff, very swiftly too. Lambert struggled badly in this department and wrongly took too much of the pressure without any help or support, I believe this played a huge part in his downfall.

The issues with the backroom staff under Lambert was nothing short of farcical

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special.  Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

Keeping us up for one! We were goners under Lambert.

I am also glad he has recognise dthe squad has  a majority of losers and openly admitted we need to get rid of those kind of charachters

Edited by Demitri_C

Â