The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I can see how fans are happy now, Lambert was close to useless in the end (no pun intended), so to be fair we didn't need much. But for me he is no miracle worker. Yes we have won the odd game against a shit West Brom and Dire Sunderland, proves nothing. Spurs yesterday was better but we still Scraped it, I wasn't as conviced with the win as some made out. Man United, he gave them to much respect, they wasn't great on the day though we were worst. The cup game may change my views, I doubt he is going to be able to play, hoofing it up to Benteke all game Rogers will see this as the basics to mark him, just as we took kane out the game yesterday.

I think he will keep us up which is his main job, but as a future manager im not convinced yet.

What would convince you then? I think what he has done with what he has inherited is very good indeed. You mention the teams we have beaten (WBA, Sunderland and Spurs) and you are not convinced but these are the same teams we couldn't beat under the previous manager. 

He will make mistakes and no one thinks he is the messiah but based on what we are seeing so far, he is a huge improvement on what we had:)

Anything would have been a huge improvement on what we had. Lambert was awful. Im just not convinced with him tactically...............yet. Though im not saying he isn't doing what has been asked of him, its just some are writing like he is the new Mourinho or something, its early days. FWIW I personally thing he will keep us us up, an he will deserve credit for that, but im not convinced he could be the next successful future manager of AVFC,

My concern with him is after a bit of success he will leave without batting an eye lid as it's team Sherwood.He just doesn't seem the type to hang around. Could be wrong but let's see.

Last week you said you didn't rate Sherwood because he didn't rate Gil. Now you're worried he's going to do really well and leave us. Bit of a jump.
I like Sherwood I just don't like his treatment of Gil. Gives me the shits. Get over it.

Get some dulcolax that normally helps with the shits as to the other point so glad we have a manager who plays us on the front foot and puts belief in the players that they can play. Until it goes tits up (if ever) I'll accept the decisions a guy who knows more about football and tactics than many wannabe coaches ( by the way NOT aimed at you )

I can see how fans are happy now, Lambert was close to useless in the end (no pun intended), so to be fair we didn't need much. But for me he is no miracle worker. Yes we have won the odd game against a shit West Brom and Dire Sunderland, proves nothing. Spurs yesterday was better but we still Scraped it, I wasn't as conviced with the win as some made out. Man United, he gave them to much respect, they wasn't great on the day though we were worst. The cup game may change my views, I doubt he is going to be able to play, hoofing it up to Benteke all game Rogers will see this as the basics to mark him, just as we took kane out the game yesterday.

I think he will keep us up which is his main job, but as a future manager im not convinced yet.

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to dismiss yesterday's victory in the same way that some people have desperately tried to dismiss the wins over West Brom and Sunderland.

Wonder what the excuse will be if we beat Liverpool next Sunday?

Yes we have won the odd game against a shit West Brom and Dire Sunderland, proves nothing. Spurs yesterday was better but we still Scraped it, I wasn't as conviced with the win as some made out.

So we win and play well but that's just against shit teams and then we win and play well and that's just scraping it.

So what could he have done? If winning 4 out of 9 and massively improving our attack isn't good enough, what do you expect?

That means bbc and Sky and the rest were wrong. They said we deserved to win were the better side but that's all BS I suppose. The commentators on sky also said we deserved it but I suppose we just scraped it even though we had the better chances and hit the woodwork and made them workfor thier chances they had.

People are just exercising caution. There are plenty of examples of managers coming into teams doing well initially and then it going wrong, Pulis at Albion being a recent example. I think it's a bit early to declare him the future of Aston VIlla and act all indignant if anyone dares to question him.

We didn't need much? we were a team that had scored 12 goals in 25 games, had taken 12 points from a possible 63, had won just 2 of our previous 21 league games. We couldn't score, we couldn't create, we'd forgotten how to win and overall were absolutely clueless. In terms of confidence we were shattered and had none at all. What Sherwood faced was a monumental task in turning us around and for me he inherited the worst squad, in terms of confidence and being in a sustained run of diabolical form, that any Villa manager had ever inherited. We were a shambles.

I see you have also down played who we have played and that wins against a shit West Brom and Sunderland prove nothing. In the few weeks pre Sherwood we also played, an at the time, shit Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland,Palace and Hull. We didn't win any of them.

I don't think Sherwood has done anything spectacular if you look simply at our results and be flippant about what went before he arrived. We have though gone from a team that had scored 12 goals in 25 games to one that has scored 12 goals in its last 8 league games, we have gone from a team that set up to contain other sides and played the ball backwards and sideways to now setting up, in both personnel and formation, to win and playing with a forward thinking mindset and the first thought now is to play the ball forwards.To achieve that kind of turn around in such a short space of time is remarkable.

I think the guy has been a breath a fresh air. I find his optimistic, full of self belief and belief in his team, approach infectious. He has got the whole club including the majority of fans believing we will at the very least stay up and will have a go in games regardless of the opposition. He has given us a bit of swagger and bounce and I would not have believed that possible after I saw the players trudge off against Hull just two months ago looking like they had all the fight knocked out of them.

Mark - please stop posting.

You say everything I want to say, only better! I keep running out of likes.

• Like 2

I know this is going to sound a bit crap but I'm not still not convinced by him - there's something that just doesn't feel right. 

I'm more than open to changing my opinion but for now I'm still not going to get carried away. 

Its only natural lexi we have had so much pain and misery over the years it just feels like something will go wrong

But i say enjoy the good things going for us at the moment. a win against a horrid spurs team, clean sheet, tekkers scoring and a cup semi and wembley!

Up Tims Villa

I am usually pretty optimistic and hopeful for the future but I just don't know about Sherwood. I hope he succeeds, obviously and I'll enjoy any wins we get. 

What is it that you don;t know about? The only thing I see thus far from him are some odd subs at times but other than that he has us scoring, look abit more solid and getting best out of tekkers

Edited by Demitri_C

The team was always being held back under Lambert. All I am saying is it wasn't gonna take Mourinho to come in and turn us around. Yes confindence was shot and Sherwood has done well to get this team to this position so quickly. but I am still watching with caution. 

If we beat Liverpool the weekend it will be a great achievement on Sherwoods part. But we have beat them previously under Lambert with maybe a worse squad so although it will seem a almighty task from the way we ended up with Lambert, I won't be utterly amazed under Sherwood if we pull it off.

Yep, if someone would have offered before hand, a win and a draw from the QPR and Spuds game i'd have bitten their hand off.

Especially in combination with other results that went our way.

Leicester winning would've been a bit crap, but seeing as we won and West Brom have pretty much no winnable games left chances are we could finish above the Baggies now.

Spurs yesterday was better but we still Scraped it, I wasn't as conviced with the win as some made out. 

Ha ha, looks a bit like moulding the facts to match the argument. While we only had wins against "shit" sides like Albion and Sunderland, it was easier to argue that Sherwood had not had a spectacular impact. But Spurs?At WHLThat one is a bit more difficult to account for.

Didn't look like we "scraped it" to me. We controlled the game pretty well from beginning to end and there were some notable improvements in performance from some players who had seemed quite poor in the QPR game, e.g. Richardson.

If there is a criticism, it is that we really should have scored a couple more goals, but I'm sure that can be worked on.

Just wondering why it is so important to some fans to deny any credit to Sherwood for our recent upsurge in form.

• Like 3

My concern with him is after a bit of success he will leave without batting an eye lid as it's team Sherwood.He just doesn't seem the type to hang around. Could be wrong but let's see.

Last week you said you didn't rate Sherwood because he didn't rate Gil. Now you're worried he's going to do really well and leave us. Bit of a jump.
I like Sherwood I just don't like his treatment of Gil. Gives me the shits. Get over it.
Get some dulcolax that normally helps with the shits as to the other point so glad we have a manager who plays us on the front foot and puts belief in the players that they can play. Until it goes tits up (if ever) I'll accept the decisions a guy who knows more about football and tactics than many wannabe coaches ( by the way NOT aimed at you )
Just because he's a manager doesn't mean he's perfect. Sir Alex let Pogba go. I just hope Sherwood hasn't given up on Gil as he has undoubted potential. We will see. I don't mind if he doesn't start every game I just don't like how he's frozen out like he has. People are entitled to like and not like certain aspects of situations or managers/players. It's not all black and white. At times I don't like Gabby and other times I love the bloke. I base my opinions on what I see. I am not stubborn with my opinion. I freely admit Delph proved me wrong as when he was awful I didn't like him. Happy to admit he's one of our best now and I like him Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

People are just exercising caution. There are plenty of examples of managers coming into teams doing well initially and then it going wrong, Pulis at Albion being a recent example. I think it's a bit early to declare him the future of Aston VIlla and act all indignant if anyone dares to question him.

Given the nonsense that some people came out with in the defence of that muppet Lambert, I now find it unbelievable that people can't just enjoy a better manager getting us playing better football which has led to an upturn in results.  Each to their own though I guess.

• Like 4

Â