The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Would anyone on here prefer Pochettino to Sherwood?

I appreciate that hindsight is a wonderful thing but Spurs had a promising young manager who had done great work in the short period of time that he was in charge It seemed that he was never going to get the position full time, regardless of what he achieved.

Spurs loss is our gain. I'd go as far as to suggest that there will be  little between the 2 sides next season

wow. why wouldnt they?

So you think were going to go from fighting relegation  to challenging top 4? Goooooooooooooood luck.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

I appreciate that hindsight is a wonderful thing but Spurs had a promising young manager who had done great work in the short period of time that he was in charge It seemed that he was never going to get the position full time, regardless of what he achieved.

Spurs loss is our gain. I'd go as far as to suggest that there will be  little between the 2 sides next season

wow. why wouldnt they?

So you think were going to go from fighting relegation  to challenging top 4? Goooooooooooooood luck.

I suspect he is actually suggesting that we will meet somewhere in the middle. I think he is probably wrong, but I don't think he is suggesting we will be challenging for top 4.

wow. why wouldnt they?

Spuds challenging for the top 4? Pffft. As if.

However, if we get a takeover from a rich sugar daddy in the summer, then there's no reason we can't be "at their level".

• Like 1

Even if we got taken over by wealthy owners we'd still struggle to be challenging alongside Tottenham next year. That's not a reflection on Sherwood, just that the gap is too big to close in such a short period of time.

wow. why wouldnt they?

So you think were going to go from fighting relegation to challenging top 4? Goooooooooooooood luck.

However, if we get a takeover from a rich sugar daddy in the summer, then there's no reason we can't be "at their level" .

FFP says hello.

Even if we got taken over by wealthy owners we'd still struggle to be challenging alongside Tottenham next year. That's not a reflection on Sherwood, just that the gap is too big to close in such a short period of time.

wow. why wouldnt they?

So you think were going to go from fighting relegation to challenging top 4? Goooooooooooooood luck.

However, if we get a takeover from a rich sugar daddy in the summer, then there's no reason we can't be "at their level" .

FFP says hello.

Not entirely sure I agree, Okore, Clark, Baker, Delph, Grealish, Guzan will all be closer to their peak and better players next year. 

4 good players would not break the bank with the new TV money and the amount you are allowed to overspend, add 4 good players to our squad playing well and I think you'd find us a much better team than the one that just turned them over at their place. 

Not taking anything away from our victory but if we'd have played them if they were still realistically challenging for Champions league then it might have been a different story. Also whilst we can improve our squad in the summer, they too can improve theirs.

Not taking anything away from our victory but if we'd have played them if they were still realistically challenging for Champions league then it might have been a different story. Also whilst we can improve our squad in the summer, they too can improve theirs.

You can say that again

• Like 4

Yep well we didn't and we won so there.

Is it really that impossible to just give Villa some credit? They didn't win because we outplayed them in every aspect of the game. Being in or out of the race for the Champions League is irrelevant.

• Like 1

Is it really that impossible to just give Villa some credit? They didn't win because we outplayed them in every aspect of the game. Being in or out of the race for the Champions League is irrelevant.

How am I not giving Villa credit? I've already predicted that we'll go the rest of the season unbeaten and win the FA Cup. I don't say that for the sake of it, but because I'm impressed with the way we're playing.

And I think my point about Tottenham being easier to play because they have less to play for is a valid one, I'm not saying it was an easy victory or that if they had have had more to play for we would have definitely lost, just that it would have been an harder game.

Plus the post was response to the idea that just because we've just beaten them, then all we need to do is sign a few players to stand a chance of being on a level playing field

What do you mean by 'so there'?

Have you not heard that before? Basically just another way of saying accept it.

Have you not heard that before? Basically just another way of saying accept it.

I've already accepted that we won, I've no reason to doubt it.

Yes, i would. Probably due to the fact that i love 4-2-3-1 :wub:

Â