The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

wow. why wouldnt they?

So you think were going to go from fighting relegation to challenging top 4? Goooooooooooooood luck.

Spuds challenging for the top 4? Pffft. As if.

However, if we get a takeover from a rich sugar daddy in the summer, then there's no reason we can't be "at their level" .

FFP says hello.

prettty much this....

also...tottneham will always be challenging for top 4 from now on. Im sure poch will bring in players that will suit his system more (and come'on to the guy who said that...poch is an awesome manager!, everyone would take him over sherwood right now if they had the chance, silly not to).

But y'know...we won..so theres going to be some crazy comments...just like how when we lose...people say qpr have more fight than us haha....seems to be always such extremes on this forum :)

i dont really know what people are expecting from us next season...but that comment is so far of the mark its crazy...If were safe from relegation (as in points wise) this time next season (maybe 1 or 2 games before)...that is much much progress from season before. It will mean were close to top 10 and ill be happy with it...especially with benteke unlikely to stay with us (imo ofc)

Edited by gharperr

Poch is an "awesome manager" Oh really?

Funny how his current club are lower in the league table than where Sherwood finished with them. This of course with the shambles Sherwood inherited much like what has happened at Villa.

Funny how his previous club are higher in the league than where he finished with them

Funny how his current club are lower in the league table than where Sherwood finished with them. This of course with the shambles Sherwood inherited much like what has happened at Villa.

Funny how his previous club are higher in the league than where he finished with them

That's kind of a simplistic argument, to be fair.

I'm not saying Poch is a genius or 'owt - only that the argument you make (which is valid to a point) doesn't really make conclusive evidence.

Pochetino made Southampton much better than they were. That's pretty clear.

At Spurs, he has a lot less say over their transfers in and out, and the players who replaced Bale haven't come up to the level they would have hoped.

He seems like a good manager to me, but at somewhere like Spurs, he probably needs to be given time to really show if he is or isn't a good manager for them. The UEFA handicap league has done for them a bit in recent games, and it would be no bad thing for them to avoid it next year (same goes for everyone else, too, pretty much - it can be a massive burden unless you're a Champions league club dropping down into it, and have the squad to cope.

It is all pretty much "simplistic arguments"

I wouldn't disagree with what you've said but lets give Sherwood the credit where it is due as well.

There is certainly scope for Villa to improve far greater than Spurs will, next season and beyond. It will take a miracle for Spurs or anyone else, with the possible exception of Liverpool, to oust one of the top 4 PL clubs. Villa on the other hand are playing like a mid table side already-Who knows what we can achieve next season if we keep hold of our key players and strengthen wisely. Top 8 is not out of reach by a long shot, given the competition. I don't see why people think we can't get to within touching distance of Spurs.

When you're in that little cluster of 8th to 5th, it is impossible to stop your star players leaving for CL football, as we found out under MON. It is often a case of one step forward, two steps backwards.

It does seem to me that (as is usual on here) our own (in this case Sherwood) is not getting the credit that he deserves. He is by far the best we could have hoped for given our woes and is a better bet than Poch would have been. I stand by my statement that Spurs loss is our game.

• Like 2

They certainly tried harder against us than they did against Burnley, and I guess I didn't take our injuries into account. But I'm still doubtful we'll be anywhere near them next season in terms of points but I'm sure we can make massive progress.

Spuds challenging for the top 4? Pffft. As if.

However, if we get a takeover from a rich sugar daddy in the summer, then there's no reason we can't be "at their level" .

FFP says hello.

Money talks. Dogs bark.

this is possibly one of the worst replies i have ever seen so im not going to reply properly. :)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9804602/tim-sherwood-writes-to-young-aston-villa-fan-who-applied-for-top-job

Definitely written by him too as evidenced by "this great football club" which appears to be his catchphrase!

If he'd mentioned "winning football matches" then it would be 100%

I like the optimism - but can't see us competing with Spurs next season anywhere in the league.  I think they'll be top 6 for a while, much like they already have been, and we'll be looking to solidify around 10th-12th place - and that's fine by me.

Of the matches Sherwood has had in charge of us, the Spurs result is the only positive one from sides considered "mid-to-upper" table (lost to Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and Man Utd, beat Spurs).

I'm not quite sure how anyone is gleaning that we'll be top 8 from this.  Not out of reach, but certainly very unlikely.

I like the optimism - but can't see us competing with Spurs next season anywhere in the league.  I think they'll be top 6 for a while, much like they already have been, and we'll be looking to solidify around 10th-12th place - and that's fine by me.

Of the matches Sherwood has had in charge of us, the Spurs result is the only positive one from sides considered "mid-to-upper" table (lost to Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and Man Utd, beat Spurs).

I'm not quite sure how anyone is gleaning that we'll be top 8 from this.  Not out of reach, but certainly very unlikely.

there is high probability we wpuld have lost both the derby games had we still been under lambert so im not gonna question tthe level teams that sherwoods beaten

• Like 1

You don't necessarily need to beat the top 8 sides to be top 8 yourself, the league isn't run like a pub pool ladder.

Â