The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I didn't want him  but have ended up being one of the most outspoken in my praises of his time with us so far.

When I say this, I mean in terms of what he's done for us so far and what I think he'll do before the season's out. I have my reservations beyond this season, but if he keeps us up and wins us the FA cup as I expect, then he'll certainly deserve his chance to prove any long term reservations I might have wrong.

If he wins us the cup he'll deserve his chance long term?!  If he wins us the FA Cup, he'll deserve the freedom of the City of Birmingham, the right to name every child born in Birmingham for ever more 'Timothy' and a country estate built in Sutton Park!

you just beat me to it....some of this stuff on here can't be serious.

I know its all about opinions.... but some of them take the biscuit.

Edited by TRO

I like the optimism - but can't see us competing with Spurs next season anywhere in the league.  I think they'll be top 6 for a while, much like they already have been, and we'll be looking to solidify around 10th-12th place - and that's fine by me.

Of the matches Sherwood has had in charge of us, the Spurs result is the only positive one from sides considered "mid-to-upper" table (lost to Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and Man Utd, beat Spurs).

I'm not quite sure how anyone is gleaning that we'll be top 8 from this.  Not out of reach, but certainly very unlikely.

Not out of reach is what I was saying, aside from the current top 4 (and you would need a very short memory to think that all 4 of them have always been a cut above the rest of the prem) who are on another planet, then the rest are not so far over the horizon as to need 100s of millions spending in order to catch up. I think a lot of us thought Lambert had assembled (amazingly under the circumstances) a decent group and that we would have been mid table this year. That didn't happen for whatever reasons but the turnaround under Sherwood is noteworthy and sheds a different light on the squad as a whole to the one we thought we had after the Hull game.

I'm not saying it will happen, but I can see no reason why with some investment in the summer and a continuation of the good work by Sherwood (and let's give credit to his coaching staff too, which is something Lambert lacked a full compliment of for a long time - again for whatever reasons) then why not? Why couldn't we be up there with Spurs, Saints etc.? We've got a group of our own home grown players who have certainy done some hard yards in 3 relegation fights and look better players for it, we've got a decent spine to our side, why can't we add 3 or 4 very good players in teh summer and be looking up for the first time in ages? 

I didn't want him  but have ended up being one of the most outspoken in my praises of his time with us so far.

When I say this, I mean in terms of what he's done for us so far and what I think he'll do before the season's out. I have my reservations beyond this season, but if he keeps us up and wins us the FA cup as I expect, then he'll certainly deserve his chance to prove any long term reservations I might have wrong.

If he wins us the cup he'll deserve his chance long term?!  If he wins us the FA Cup, he'll deserve the freedom of the City of Birmingham, the right to name every child born in Birmingham for ever more 'Timothy' and a country estate built in Sutton Park!

I didn't mean it sound like that unless he wins us the Cup then he should go (Although reading it back I don't think it does read like that).

I just meant if he does win it then his claim to here long term will be pretty emphatic.

Edited by useless

He doesn't need to win a cup to merit a longer term stay, if he finishes with us near 40 points, well if he beats the 38 which we've finished on a couple of times recently, from where we were and just how much of a shambles it all was when he took over that will be an incredible job he's done.

I didn't mean it sound like that unless he wins us the Cup then he should go (Although reading it back I don't think it does read like that).

I just meant if he does win it then his claim to here long term will be pretty emphatic.

stop digging....the hole is big enough lol.

What are you talking about digging, there is no hole.

When people dared to stick up for Lambert they got jumped on and now the same when anyone says anything negative about Sherwood. So much so that it happens now if there isn't anything negative there (as with my posts quoted above), I'm starting to think that some want me to say negative stuff so they can moan or start arguments.

When people dared to stick up for Lambert they got jumped on and now the same when anyone says anything negative about Sherwood. So much so that it happens now if there isn't anything negative there (as with my posts quoted above), I'm starting to think that some want me to say negative stuff so they can moan or start arguments.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to scorn the doctor if you have the plague.

He has come in to save us....with the tools he has been left.....why would anyone want to LOOK for negatives....If they stare you in the face like losing every game fine, but that is not the case.

Blimey, what are you looking for?

I'm not sure why anyone would want to scorn the doctor if you have the plague.

He has come in to save us....with the tools he has been left.....why would anyone want to LOOK for negatives....If they stare you in the face like losing every game fine, but that is not the case.

Blimey, what are you looking for?

Your the one to be LOOKING for negatives regarding Sherwood, in my posts that aren't there (especially the ones quoted). And when I try and explain because it's been misunderstood I get told to stop digging an hole, for some reason. Why not just accept my explanation? I think I know why.

Is the fact that he's the villa manager and has only been in the job a wet day not enough to deserve a chance to prove himself long term on its own? Why is an fa cup victory required for that honour?

• Like 1

Again and Again, I didn't say he needs to win the FA Cup to deserve to be here in the long-term. And by the way I won't mention anything of the fact that I'm the one to have predicted that we'll win the FA Cup and not lose another game all season.

Edited by useless

Â