The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

all the lambert lovers need to hop on Eurostar and p/o to Dortmund.

Sherwood rocks.

hes got more class, personality, motivation, tactical knowledge, style in his little toe nail than lambert had in his whole lump of a Scottish body

utv.

Liking :Lambert doesn't make liking Sherwood impossible, it's not a mutually exclusive thing.

• Like 2

I have found some of the criticism of Sherwood actually unbelievable. Villa fans have amazingly short memories even for football fans. We were dreadful under Lambert and we were a totally sunken ship. Admittedly the couple of games before the Spuds game today weren't great, but we were still playing better than we played under Lambert all season and we are reaping the awards with results like this. We are Aston Villa, unfortunately we're not very good and so we're not going to beat everyone but we are now fighting everyone we face and are picking up goals and points along the way as a result.

The guy is an inexperienced manager who has come into what I think is the toughest job in the league with a squad who were totally shot to bits. In hardly any time at all, he has turned it around, filled everyone with confidence and got Benteke scoring. Our team was previously a group of no-hopers and in only a couple of months we are now able to beat a team like Spurs and deserve it.

I think what he has achieved so far is incredible and is above and beyond what I was expecting and he deserves buckets more credit and respect than he gets IMO.

Spot on

It is so frustrating that there is a very small minority who seem to want Sherwood to fail. We are unrecognisable from the team he inherited from the previous manager. We are scoring goals, winning games and the vibe from the club seems so much more positive. Sherwood is going to make mistakes, no one is perfect, but he has done a very good job so far.

I might have missed it, but I havent seen anybody wanting Sherwood to fail.
Apparently having reservations or not seeing everything as 100% positive means you want him to fail.

Its like towards the end of Lambert's reign. If you didn't see every little thing that happened as negative then you were a Lambert apologist.

As usual, with VT, there is no middle ground

Anyone can have reservations, a lot of people did when we appointed Sherwood as he lacked experience and had never purchased a player himself. However, so far so good and we look a far better team than before. What I was referring to was not people having valid reservations but what Zatman covered here:

ive seen quotes like id prefer Gil here next year than Sherwood. That sounds like wanting him to fail as if he isnt here then he will be sacked for being shit

Anyone its probably just me being precious! I'm delighted we won and very confident and excited for the future. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

all the lambert lovers need to hop on Eurostar and p/o to Dortmund.

Sherwood rocks.

hes got more class, personality, motivation, tactical knowledge, style in his little toe nail than lambert had in his whole lump of a Scottish body

utv.

Deary me. What was the point in this post? 

• Like 4

There has been very few managers I have been impressed with on the day of signing at Aston Villa....and the ones I have been impressed with .... have never turned out any better than the ones I haven't been impressed with.

So now, I choose not to second guess..... I just wait and see.

I am influenced by what they say and how they say it.... their body language, is also a tell tale sign.

I feel positive about our current manager, but there are so many factors that can conspire against them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Todays reault was what i needed to see from Tim's Villa. As shown recently, especially today, beating Sunderland and West Brom isnt a hard task. Today was different and showed a different side of us. We are on our way back.

• Like 2

Tin hat on! Im happy with the 'odd' wins and attacking intent, but still far from convinced. To me he is a great coach, but not long term manager, my opinion.

You made a comment about how Gil should have been brought on for Bacuna when we thought he was injured earlier, the same Bacuna that was playing at right back. I'm not really sure what you want but personally I'll stick with Tim.

Edited by samjp26

Tin hat on! Im happy with the 'odd' wins and attacking intent, but still far from convinced. To me he is a great coach, but not long term manager, my opinion.

Fine. You worry about whether he is a long term manager and we'll just enjoy the more attacking football, revival of Benteke, greater positivity, relative flood of goals, and increased numbers of victories.

Enjoy yourself!

You made a comment about how Gil should have been brought on for Bacuna when we thought he was injured earlier, the same Bacuna that was playing at right back. I'm not really sure what you want but personally I'll stick with Tim.

I was kidding about Gil. If Guzan got injured I woud have said bring on Gil. Can't disagree im a little frustrated Sherwood hasn't made him part of the team though.

I was disappointed we didn't beat QPR but today makes up for it. 4 points from those 2 games is a great haul. Well done Tim  :)

• Like 3

Fine. You worry about whether he is a long term manager and we'll just enjoy the more attacking football, revival of Benteke, greater positivity, relative flood of goals, and increased numbers of victories.

Enjoy yourself!

We had this towards the end of the season under Lambert too remember. Though Lamberts reign completely fell apart this season.

He's done a very decent job so far and has surpassed my expectations of him. I find myself liking him more and more (albeit incrementally) and there are definitive signs of his improving managerial prowess.

I still worry about his tactical knowledge and his (as yet untested) ability to buy a player.

But ultimately, so what? As far as keeping us in the Prem he's surpassing his predecessor with flying colours (I'm talking predictively but I think even the most fanatic of Lambert's admirers would accept that) and is showing something that has been lacking for quite a while, and that is passion and respect for the club.

Keep it up Tim.

The very thing that some fans are concerned with....his lack of experience....is the very thing I'm happy with.

I want him to learn and grow with us and be ingrained with the aura that is Villa....Thats the very attraction with him for me.

He is inexperienced in many aspects of Football management....but he is canny, quick witted and above all a character that I believe players will want to play for.

In my view, I would not be surprised if in the future we will have difficulty hanging on to him.

• Like 1

I will be honest I have always (and still am) concerned about his inexperience - there's a chance that Vlaar and Benteke will leave this summer - and we have a rookie manager trying to replace those ........on a budget !

He seems unable to change our shape during games - this cost us v QPR and Swansea.

Thats said I like what hear when he talks - his 'get the the ball to Benteke' - was pretty obvious - but bang on the money - as was his comments after Newcastle  'like the effort but give me quality'  was also an astute observation.

However he has steered with a whisker of safety - no mean feat considering how we were performing when he arrived - he seems confident and knows what he wants....barring a takeover he looks like he will get next season - if he keeps up mid table then no complaints from me...(or not many  :lol: )

• Like 3

Â