The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

This will be an absolute disaster. 

Contract should be conditional on us remaining in the league.

I could just about stomach this if a top quality DOF and AM are bought in. Otherwise I'm not happy with this at all, not good enough. This is a truly feckless club.  

Looking forward to a lot of wish-Lambert-hadn't-been-sacked posts.

Oh well.... How uninspiring and cheap.

I'll be impressed if we stay up now having never considered us for the drop.

Poor appointment for me. Especially a 3yr deal

BnXZt_BCUAAE7fx.jpg

We acted quickly, there is nothing else positive to say.

Underwhelmed would be overstating my thoughts

166.gif

tbh, I was a doubter, just felt he hadn't done enough and worried he could have an adverse reaction. Always said he would get my support though.

I wanted Lambert in and was wrong there too!

Really pleased today, each time the team has come out before the last few games I've thought; 'looks a bit risky, and might not be our strongeat side'. And I just couldn't be happier to be wrong each time! Long may it continue. We will obviously lose a game soon, but as long as we show that hunger to try and win I'll be happy.

"I think we are playing with more freedom since the manager took over. Not just me, the manager is giving us a lot of responsibility and freedom."

interesting quote from Benteke

• Like 1

You can't help but be impressed with him so far can you especially after a 4-0 win. It goes a little deeper than that for me though. I said after we'd just lost to Newcastle that I felt we would be fine as even after just his second game, both defeats, you could see he was having a positive impact and making a big difference. The biggest thing though is his attitude. It is infectious. As I said he had me in a positive frame of mind straight after we'd just lost our seventh game on the bounce and he has clearly had that affect on the players.

We all knew that we had a squad that was underachieving. It had gone beyond that though when he arrived as it was a squad that was on its knees in terms of confidence. We were a pathetic mess. Today we played with the swagger of a side that was comfortable in the top half of the league and for that to have been the turnaround in 5 games, and 4 weeks with the players, is remarkable.

I still don't know what will happen beyond this season as we have a manger that has never purchased a player. I can though already see we have a manger who knows how to get the best out of players and whilst I am wary of getting carried away I do have a feeling we may have found a future gem of a manger in Sherwood. At the very least I am excited about Aston Villa and feel we have got our pride back and that hasn't been the case for a long time so for that alone I will raise a glass or two to Sherwood tonight.

concurred in every detail

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet. Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City. That ain't no easy run.

Did you actually read my post?

I did. Which part of mine are you struggling with?

We're not safe. We could quite feasibly get 0 points in our next 4 league games.

Did you read the bit where I specifically said we weren't mathematically safe, obviously, but that I thought the confidence we had would give us enough to scrape the necessary points together?

Because that kind of makes your post a moot point. We could lose our next 4 games but my post would still be relevant.

Edited by Stevo985

I was happy when he was appointed, as I thought ANYONE could do a better job than Lambert. Went to the Stoke game and thought "oh ****, we REALLY are that bad".

But it looks like Sherwood might just be turning this ship around.

I said elsewhere that, even though we hadn't won or scored a goal in 6 away games, if we played like in the second half against Olbiyunscum we'd batter Sunderland.

I think we#ll be OK :)

• Like 1

"I think we are playing with more freedom since the manager took over. Not just me, the manager is giving us a lot of responsibility and freedom."

interesting quote from Benteke

Yeah, that's great and all, but It's going to take more goals against difficult opponents before Tekkers has real cred with me. 

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet. Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City. That ain't no easy run.
Did you actually read my post?
I did. Which part of mine are you struggling with?

We're not safe. We could quite feasibly get 0 points in our next 4 league games.

Did you read the bit where I specifically said we weren't mathematically safe, obviously, but that I thought the confidence we had would give us enough to scrape the necessary points together?

Because that kind of makes your post a moot point. We could lose our next 4 games but my post would still be relevant.

You specifically stated "we're safe now"!  How could this be interpreted any differently?  It's obvious we're not mathematically safe - you didn't even need to clarify that.

You presumably feel that "we're safe now" due to the likelihood of picking up more points whilst playing confidently.  I don't think we are safe.  Nothing to do with mathematics, everything to do with having a tough run that could easily see us garner 0 points.  I don't understand why you felt the need to sarcastically come back with "did you actually read my post?".  Yes, I did - and I disagree with you.

Edit:  Even moreso after that Burnley result.

Edited by bobzy

There's one outstanding thing about Tim Sherwood that I absolutely love - he recognises, and keeps stating, that Aston Villa are a massive football club. I don't give a toss about what the modern day, Premier League era, fan may say, Aston Villa are a giant of English football and our new manager accepts and believes in that.

I hope that he can transfer that belief to our playing staff and then, possibly, we'll start to see a turnaround on the pitch, if we're not doing so already!

• Like 3

Â