The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

You specifically stated "we're safe now"!  How could this be interpreted any differently?

Asks how this could be interpreted differently...

You presumably feel that "we're safe now" due to the likelihood of picking up more points whilst playing confidently. 

Interprets it differently a sentence later.

It was obvious what he meant. He clarified we're not mathematically safe but the recent performances have given him increased belief that we can get the necessary points to survive. I feel exactly the same way, and this is particularly poignant because it's a massive swing from how I felt under Lambert and also when Sherwood was appointed.

C'mon, it's not rocket science, is it?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

You specifically stated "we're safe now"!  How could this be interpreted any differently?

Asks how this could be interpreted differently...

You presumably feel that "we're safe now" due to the likelihood of picking up more points whilst playing confidently. 

Interprets it differently a sentence later.

Exactly.

Made even stranger by the fact that I explained that different interpretation in my very next sentence. Hence me asking if he'd actually read the post.

"I think we are playing with more freedom since the manager took over. Not just me, the manager is giving us a lot of responsibility and freedom."

interesting quote from Benteke

Yeah, that's great and all, but It's going to take more goals against difficult opponents before Tekkers has real cred with me. 

United? Chelsea? Arsenal? Liverpool? etc etc

• Like 1

not safe yet, but all signs point in that direction. this squad was always better than their results, so with the right guidance, we should be fine. can't wait for swansea

Switched back to a flat 4-4-2 today.

sun_ast.png

Nice to see us adapting and switching systems with such efficiency. Everything he's trying is coming off so well.

Tell you what as well... should we beat Swansea at home (perfectly possible), I would bloody fancy us to go and cause Utd trouble at Old Trafford.

Well so far so good, I'm really enjoying watching Villa under Sherwood.

We aren't safe but we are heading in the right direction and this is down to having a manager who has very quickly looked at our squad and found a way to make it work.

We all have our favourites, I really like Gil and Grealish but for the rest of this season it's survival so if Tim Sherwood feels like playing Tea Lady at CH and it get's the right results then who are we to argue?

Had my doubts, but a Spurs friend of mine gave some quite positive views on Sherwood's time at Tottenham. But was not expecting too much.

I see now that I was very wrong in my doubts. Looks like a great manager so far.

But as I always say when we get a new manager: It take a couple of years to see how good he is. We will find out after the 2016/17 season, but I am quite optimistic that this is the right man.

According to the deluded Spurs fans, it was Chris Ramsey who was the brains behind Spurs decent form last year and nothing to do with Sherwood! I think that has been put to bed now. Anyone think Ramsey will turn up at Villa in the summer?

Sherwood has nearly equalled the goalscoring and wins set by Lambert for this season ?!

That's because he's clearly a far better manager than the dour, hopeless Lambert.

• Like 1

Sherwood has nearly equalled the goalscoring and wins set by Lambert for this season ?!

That's because he's clearly a far better manager than the dour, hopeless Lambert.

That remains to be seen.

But signs are good so far.

According to the deluded Spurs fans, it was Chris Ramsey who was the brains behind Spurs decent form last year and nothing to do with Sherwood! I think that has been put to bed now. Anyone think Ramsey will turn up at Villa in the summer?

If I was a betting man I'd put money on it.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on it.

In place of Kev Mac? No thanks.

Â