The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I hope so mate!! Otherwise going to be very embarassing for him

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. No excuse whatsoever for doing that. FA are within thier rights to replay. The ref could have abandoned the game. Someone at work mentioned that if pulis had called his team to walk off once the fans came on the pitch the ref could have abandoned the game.

Spot on

Perhaps the game could be replayed overseas, UAE or Malaysia or California?

Then everyone's a winner.

West Brom get a replay. The fans get punished, the FA and the League get to try out a 39th game scenario and we get to beat West Brom again.

Let Qatar bid for the game and play it in July.

Hundreds have died building their stadiums so they shouldn't be too disgusted with the prospect of a celebratory pitch invasion, or two.

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. No excuse whatsoever for doing that. FA are within thier rights to replay. The ref could have abandoned the game. Someone at work mentioned that if pulis had called his team to walk off once the fans came on the pitch the ref could have abandoned the game.
The ref made the correct decision to identify the pitch invasion in the 93rd minute as little or no threat to his staff or the players and, after a short pause, successfully continued the game to its conclusion. What makes you think the 'FA are within thier [sic] rights to replay'?

It would appear that some are remembering the short interruption during the added time of the match as if it were the mass invasion that happened after the match had finished. For the former, the club should (and will) be fined. For the later, the club should be reminded of its duty towards stadium safety, even given the mitigating (celebratory) circumstances. As for the need, or 'right' to replay - no chance.

Any talk of a replay actually happening is OTT and a purely knee-jerk reaction to the media hype. Better to never make a decision based on media hype, in my opinion. In fact, I'm even slightly disappointed in myself in giving talk of a replay any thought at all.

I would be interested to know what your stance was on the subject

In what respect?

Whether you think running on the pitch is ok or not ok

I do not think running on the pitch is okay.

Spot on

Between the 'could's and 'if' that clearly didn't actually happen, thus negating any need or right for the FA to order a replay, what part of nazfc's post is 'spot on'? Even given the thought of nazfc's work colleague!

common sense should tell us it wont be replayed as techically we have not broken any rules as a club, just a few mindless idiots run on the pitch when the games over 2-0 down not even a goal so it would be a complete injustice if this happens.

remember when west ham played millwall a few years ago and there was big trouble then. neither side was punished significantly so i dont see why we should receive anything but a fine

• Like 1

Been so weird these past few weeks, went from nobody in the media giving a shit about us at all with 3 years of dreadful Lambert records and nobody said a word now were getting all this coverage. They are fascinated by Sherwood its all pretty funny at the minute.

"Has he [sinclair] a future here beyond the summer if he continues to perform? Yes - and I think he is eager to do that," said Sherwood, whose 17th-placed team travel to Sunderland today.

"It is a huge club, he realises that. He obviously wants to play in the Premier League, as we do, so it is something that can be discussed once we are safe - in a couple of weeks!"

:D

Edited by Isa

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. 

Spot on

Between the 'could's and 'if' that clearly didn't actually happen, thus negating any need or right for the FA to order a replay, what part of nazfc's post is 'spot on'? Even given the thought of nazfc's work colleague!

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. 

Spot on

The blame for a pitch invasion remains clearly with the people who invaded the pitch, so why state the obvious?

Spot on

The blame for a pitch invasion remains clearly with the people who invaded the pitch, so why state the obvious?

because the obvious to some...is not necessarily the obvious to others....as,has clearly been illustrated by the perpetrators

Edited by TRO

Spot on

As much as I dislike The Pulis brand of football, he's a fighter and not the kind of guy to walk off with 3 mins to play and 2-0 down.

Edited by Nicho

Â