The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I just hope that Lerner has learnt his lesson and supports Sherwood .

He supported MON, and look what that led to.

The best years I've had as a Villa fan. 

With the worst years as a direct consequence.  It may be an age thing as well, but the GT Mk 1/BFR/Sir Brian Little days were all much better than what pubehead served up, and didn't almost ruin the club as a result.

Surely Lerner's to blame for that though? 

Only partly.

No one really knows what Sherwood will be like in the transfer market but hopefully the scouting system we had in place under Lambert is still here.

What scouting system? Lambert had his own scout for about half a season and Paddy Riley was hired by Fox this season. There was no scouting structure beyond that, although Fox seems to be addressing that amongst the overall expansion of club infrastructure.

Whatever was happening under Lambert with regards to scouting, I hope it continues. It was other areas where he wasn't good enough.

Whatever was happening under Lambert with regards to scouting, I hope it continues. It was other areas where he wasn't good enough.

Ok but then you're basically referring to his individual scouting ability rather than a "scouting system in place under him". An actual system is being worked on now by Fox it would seem.

Why on earth is Sherwood even suggesting that we are happy to replay the FA Cup again should we have to? Thats abit annoying hopefully it wont come to that but why he has even bothered to answer like that I find very strange when we are fighting for our lives and we certainly dont need a THIRD derby game

Why on earth is Sherwood even suggesting that we are happy to replay the FA Cup again should we have to? Thats abit annoying hopefully it wont come to that but why he has even bothered to answer like that I find very strange when we are fighting for our lives and we certainly dont need a THIRD derby game

Because it won't happen.

No, it really won't.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I hope so mate!! Otherwise going to be very embarassing for him

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. No excuse whatsoever for doing that. FA are within thier rights to replay. The ref could have abandoned the game. Someone at work mentioned that if pulis had called his team to walk off once the fans came on the pitch the ref could have abandoned the game.
  • Like 1

If people ran on the pitch around half time I'd understand.

It would be absolutely crazy to replay the match considering we were 2-0 up and people ran onto the pitch in the 92nd minute thinking the final whistle had blown.  

• Like 2

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop. No excuse whatsoever for doing that. FA are within thier rights to replay. The ref could have abandoned the game. Someone at work mentioned that if pulis had called his team to walk off once the fans came on the pitch the ref could have abandoned the game.
The ref made the correct decision to identify the pitch invasion in the 93rd minute as little or no threat to his staff or the players and, after a short pause, successfully continued the game to its conclusion. What makes you think the 'FA are within thier [sic] rights to replay'?

It would appear that some are remembering the short interruption during the added time of the match as if it were the mass invasion that happened after the match had finished. For the former, the club should (and will) be fined. For the later, the club should be reminded of its duty towards stadium safety, even given the mitigating (celebratory) circumstances. As for the need, or 'right' to replay - no chance.

Any talk of a replay actually happening is OTT and a purely knee-jerk reaction to the media hype. Better to never make a decision based on media hype, in my opinion. In fact, I'm even slightly disappointed in myself in giving talk of a replay any thought at all.

The ref made the correct decision to identify the pitch invasion in the 93rd minute as little or no threat to his staff or the players and, after a short pause, successfully continued the game to its conclusion. What makes you think the 'FA are within thier [sic] rights to replay'?

It would appear that some are remembering the short interruption during the added time of the match as if it were the mass invasion that happened after the match had finished. For the former, the club should (and will) be fined. For the later, the club should be reminded of its duty towards stadium safety, even given the mitigating (celebratory) circumstances. As for the need, or 'right' to replay - no chance.

Any talk of a replay actually happening is OTT and a purely knee-jerk reaction to the media hype. Better to never make a decision based on media hype, in my opinion. In fact, I'm even slightly disappointed in myself in giving talk of a replay any thought at all.

Well quite, if the FA can't retrospectively charge a player for a foul if the ref has seen it, how can they replay a whole match which the ref deems as acceptable? 

• Like 1

Confidence.

It's come back

I would be interested to know what your stance was on the subject

I am 100% sure there would be trouble if they replayed it, the FA would never risk that.

Apparently it will be played behind closed doors at a secret location in Antarctica.

The FA are currently busy trying to find doors to close...

somewhere near the North Pole. ;)

• Like 1

In what respect?

Perhaps the game could be replayed overseas, UAE or Malaysia or California?

Then everyone's a winner.

West Brom get a replay. The fans get punished, the FA and the League get to try out a 39th game scenario and we get to beat West Brom again.

• Like 2

I just hope that Lerner has learnt his lesson and supports Sherwood .

He supported MON, and look what that led to.

The best years I've had as a Villa fan.

Really, first time I decided to dump my season ticket after the fourth year....results away from home were good, at home very mediocre to bad.....hated the football on display, found the football unconvincing.

Interesting how we all see things so differently

The fact that it got progressively worse.....doesn't change my view.

Perhaps watching Previous managers before O'Leary, spoilt me.

In what respect?

Whether you think running on the pitch is ok or not ok

Â