The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood has done OK so far but to be fair look at the squad he has to work with! Would be interesting to see what Lambert could have done with this group of players. I think he did the best that could've been expected bearing in mind the chronic underinvestment he had to work with

• Like 1

Sherwood has done OK so far but to be fair look at the squad he has to work with! Would be interesting to see what Lambert could have done with this group of players. I think he did the best that could've been expected bearing in mind the chronic underinvestment he had to work with

Don't understand this post Lambert had exactly the same group of players to work with?

This must be sarcasm...it has to be, surely...sure Lambo had a different group up until this season, but he has had this group of players, exactly the same, apart from having more players as he had a few less injuries (Benteke aside) for over 20 games and he stifled them...

He managed 11 or so goals with this group of players, the same players Sherwood has managed to get 8 or 9 from in 5 games!

• Like 3

Don't understand this post Lambert had exactly the same group of players to work with?

:rolleyes:

Just LOL

Kinda hard to talk about the merits of sherwood without commenting and comparing what he is doing against his immediate predecessor

Edited by sidcow

There is a touch of MON about Sherwood in terms of how he sets us up to play.

He seems to be another believer in football being a simple game like MON.

For what it's worth I don't think that's a bad thing.

A touch i'd agree, as Sherwood gets the best out of what he has got. O'Neil had to blow 120 million and pay players an insane amount of money to get his team to play.

Have I missed the pun here?

Remember when a fair few on here said that NO-ONE could come in and do a better job than Lambert especially with the resources he had? A lot of people I hope are eating humble pie right now, as best feel good factor at Villa we have had for years at the moment.

I know it's only 5.5 games so far but Sherwood could go on to become a great manager for us.

• Like 1

Remember when a fair few on here said that NO-ONE could come in and do a better job than Lambert especially with the resources he had? A lot of people I hope are eating humble pie right now, as best feel good factor at Villa we have had for years at the moment.

I know it's only 5.5 games so far but Sherwood could go on to become a great manager for us.

Whilst I think Tim Sherwood is going to be better than Lambert in the long run just remember we've played 5 games. Sherwood is a young manager but a great motivator. Dicanio was the same for Sunderland when he first signed and it can easily fall apart. Consistency will be the key. This season it is to stay up. If Sherwood does that then I'll always be grateful but next season will be where the real test is where he'll be expected to put together a challenge for top 10. We'll see how tactically naive he is then methinks.

Clearly TS is getting more out of the talent as his disposal.

But can TS consistently find people who can cut it in the prem for for £4m a pop ? - 

• Like 1

But can TS consistently find people who can cut it in the prem for for £4m a pop ? -

He's got Paddy Riley for that :) Edited by yayoboy
  • Like 1

Who knows but clearly he's a good judge of player. 

• Like 1

The test will be whether this level of performance cab be sustained.

Plenty of managers could have come in and gotten the fabled bounce and made these players perform better than they were. The squad is clearly better than Lambert had them playing. Not being Paul Lambert is good enough to get a bounce.

How much of it is being Tim Sherwood and how much of it is not being Paul Lambert remains to be seen.

Obviously I hope he keeps it up.

Â