Carles Gil

bose

Well in his last game he looked much worse than grealish today.

Also played out of position.

For so long we've needed that "number 10", we finally get one, then our new manager decides to not use him.

Its really annoying me.

The kid obviously has a lot of talent, its criminal we aren't using it imo.

Sherwood is doing my head in tbh.

• Like 1

The reasons for Gil being left out are debatable but you have got to side with him for being pissed off (if that is the case). Especially as Grealish's role tonight was perfect for him. Jack had a good game but no better than Gil had been in his previous games.

• Like 1

Well in his last game he looked much worse than grealish today.

Also played out of position.

For so long we've needed that "number 10", we finally get one, then our new manager decides to not use him.

Its really annoying me.

The kid obviously has a lot of talent, its criminal we aren't using it imo.

Sherwood is doing my head in tbh.

We've scored 15 goals since Sherwood arrived.

Not needed today.

Needed him instead of Cole.

Cole who nearly scored at the death and put in at least 2 dangerous crosses

Cole who put the corner in against man u that led to a goal and nearly created the winner with a nice back heel.

• Like 1

Not needed today.

Needed him instead of Cole.

Cole who nearly scored at the death and put in at least 2 dangerous crosses

Shit me! Should never had signed Gil then, looks like we had our creative midfielder all along. 

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been posted but people a few days back were asking why local press weren't asking Sherwood about Gil:

Amid ongoing calls for Carles Gil’s reintroduction to the Aston Villa line-up, manager Tim Sherwood has told the Birmingham Mail that it’s irrelevant how well the Spaniard was performing before his appointment.

Gil, 22, started Sherwood’s first game in charge against Stoke but lasted just 58 minutes before being hauled off and hasn’t been back in the starting XI since.

The creative midfielder has been restricted to a one-minute cameo in last month’s 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final win over West Bromwich Albion during the past six weeks and even saw fellow substitute Joe Cole used ahead of him in the weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Manchester United.

After the promising start he made to life in England under the since-departed Paul Lambert following January’s £3.25 million move from Valencia, fans have grown increasingly baffled over Sherwood’s reluctance to use him and have been demanding an answer for his lack of action.

The Villa boss seemed to give them an answer ahead of tonight’s crucial visit of Queens Park Rangers, though, stressing that, while Gil has been impressing in training, his approach during their survival bid is to focus on the collective rather than the individual.

“I just pick a team that I think will win a match,” he said when asked about Gil’s diminished role. “Had he done well before? I didn’t know. He might have been doing well personally but they’d lost seven on the spin.

“It’s all about Aston Villa, not one particular player, I like Carles - he trains really well but when I think it’s right for him to get an opportunity he’ll get it.”

“That goes for everyone.”

In what could also be seen as a reference to Gil, Sherwood added that he wants his “icing on the cake players” to toughen up ahead of the clash with fellow strugglers QPR, declaring: “You look through QPR’s side and they’ve got a lot of players who are men - with a lot of experience in there.

SEE ALSO: How would Aston Villa cope with relegation from the Premier League?

“We’ve got a few men in there - but we’ve got a lot of pretty much icing on the cake players and I’m trying to get that mentality into them to forget about digging out results.”

It doesn’t sound like Villa fans should get their hopes up over Gil’s starting prospects tonight then but, if Sherwood’s side go on to suffer their third consecutive defeat, there would be good reason for them to feel aggrieved.

1. He is training fine which suggests his attitude is good.

2. I had a strange feeling when Sherwood came in he wouldn't fancy Gil for some reason. Not sure what it was but when people were saying on here Sherwood was watching our games before and would've seen how good Gil was....well his quotes above kind of eliminate that thought.

I think he just sees Gil as part of a losing team/formation and clearly a player of Gil is a little bit harder to accomodate in a starting formation.

What I can't understand though is him not even making the bench and being an impact sub. That's where it's ridiculous imo.

I like Gil I think he is a decent little player BUT his absence is just a stick to beat the manager with and this isnt the first time this has happened. It was the same Darren Bent for Lambert or Reo-Coker for MON

The quotes above are utter bollocks. Westwood tough? Lowton tough? Weimann tough? Richardson tough?

Winning a game isn't about being tough, it's about scoring more goals than the opponent. Gil has scored and supplies.

It's all well and good puffing your chest and declaring 'im the boss, deal with it'.

It's personal. No point denying it Tim.

Oh and just because I say this it doesn't mean I hate Sherwood, I rather like him but it's this specific situation that just really annoys me, nothing more.

It's not as black and white as using this as a stick to beat him with, people only say that so they can have a go at posters with a different opinion. You can like Sherwood and disagree with him you know

Edited by Ingram85

If we stay up and get taken over I hope they want their own manager. He is an average manager who after his honeymoon period ends will be exposed and eventually lose the dressing room. Depends if we get taken over and by whom.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

You'd think it's a duty of care for managers to help overseas players settle, in fact it was probably number 1 on Sir Alex's recruitment policy. I know Gil wasn't Sherwood's signing but he'd been here a few weeks, giving up a squad place at Valencia to try and play more football at a struggling club in a different culture, and it seems that he has made little effort to help him settle. Publicly calling him an icing on the cake player is ridiculous. I'm utterly baffled.

• Like 1

Â