Carles Gil

bose

I had thought, that he would play against QPR, but as far as I saw a diamond at home (4-1-2-1-2) I recognized, that I was wrong. And honestly, if a priority for Tim is duo Benteke - Gabby, there is no other place for Gil, but AMC occupied by Young Padavan Jack currently. Even Joe Cole is before him.

...Seems like things came to a head last night with Gil driving out of Villa Park before kick off....

Is it true?

I read on twitter from a Birmingham mail journalist that he watched the game from a box.

I'm glad because that doesn't show a great attitude if he's storming off.

Another classic was "I'm guessing Sherwood's ego means he wants to make a show of somebody, and who better than one who can't speak much (if any) Engliah?"

It wasn't Dem, was it? :P

I take the silence to this question as confirmation that no one actually said it.

Yes I made it up.

• Like 1

No turning on the manager for not playing a guy who's started 4 games is OTT.

Started 4 games is a misleading stat there - the guy has been with us since January and looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team when he's played.  I think it's fair enough to question that decision.

No-one is turning on the manager either.  That's a ludicrous comment.

He looked good when the rest of the team were, almost without exception, absolutely dire.  Benteke and Gabby were mooching about up front doing nothing at all, Westwood, Cleverley and Delph were non-entities, and the defence was shit.  The defence is still mostly crap, but Benteke has been on fire, Gabby much improved, Cleverley has been playing really well, and Sinclair has been great when fit.  We're playing far, far better than we did under Lambert, and so while I don't think Sherwood is perfect, I'm prepared to trust his judgement as to which players he can best mould into a TEAM to keep us up.

• Like 1

He wants toughness though, not fancy icing on the cake players. That's why grealish is starting.

I'm gonna stop now as I'll be accused of wanting Sherwood out and nor supporting him because I think he should play Gil despite being able to separate the two.

• Like 1

I'd prefer Carles Gil stays in the summer than Tim Sherwood if I'm honest.

Really? Even if Sherwood keeps us up from a seemingly doomed position with a squad totally devoid confidence and ideas?

That's absolutely mental.

I really like Gil, he's the flair player we have been missing for years. But, I suspect Sherwood thinks he is a luxury player. Sherwood has had no problem using Nzogbia, Grealish and Cole, and all have done ok to varying degrees and worked hard, so he doesn't mind using flair players. For whatever reason he isn't using Gil, but I don't see how not using him or selling him is a "sack-able" offence, especially if he leads us to safety.

• Like 3

But why would he stay if he had driven in to find he isn't needed? Is he going to make a brew for the lads at half time?

Well no but I believe squad players stay for games even when not selected. Anyway it doesn't matter because I don't think it's true.

...Seems like things came to a head last night with Gil driving out of Villa Park before kick off....

Is it true?

I read on twitter from a Birmingham mail journalist that he watched the game from a box.

I'm glad because that doesn't show a great attitude if he's storming off.

Another classic was "I'm guessing Sherwood's ego means he wants to make a show of somebody, and who better than one who can't speak much (if any) Engliah?"

I take the silence to this question as confirmation that no one actually said it.

Yes I made it up.

I was told during the game that Gil had left VP before the game kicked off and that his career at AVFC was likely at an end.

Yes I made it up.

That's what I thought.

I'd love an explanation as to how someone who was performing so well has ended up being frozen out. I can only assume he keeps shitting in Sherwood's Happy Meals and stealing his toys.

Sherwood's explanation, given on two separate occasions now, is (to paraphrase) that however well Gil might have been playing, he was part of a team that had lost 7 matches in a row and Sherwood's priority is to create a team that can get points. Gil doesn't currently make it into the teams he is picking to play more attacking football that will get us enough points to stay up.

So I don't see any mystery here.

• Like 1

I'd love an explanation as to how someone who was performing so well has ended up being frozen out. I can only assume he keeps shitting in Sherwood's Happy Meals and stealing his toys.

Did you watch the Stoke game?  He was rubbish.  Since then, our attacking players have mostly played very well.

• Like 1

Â