Carles Gil

bose

Looking at some VT posters it sounds like Gil should be a shoe-in for world footballer of the year. He just looks like a reasonably talented, lightweight midfielder and Sherwood must not rate him. It's don't that difficult to understand.

because you don't need three defenders on the bench. Especially when your side struggles for goals we may need Gil to create goals and not rely on Cole who is old and breaks down. Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

Looking at some VT posters it sounds like Gil should be a shoe-in for world footballer of the year. He just looks like a reasonably talented, lightweight midfielder and Sherwood must not rate him. It's don't that difficult to understand.

Like the rest of the team then. No reason he should not be playing chap. Im sure any other manager would not play Cole or grealish in front of him. What I saw of him, he has the creative ablity we need right now. His goal was class and im sure he is up there with Sinclair's ability. Should be playing, no doubt. Its a personal issue, I think we all know that, an personally I don't rate sherwood for that, he is shouldering pressure he don't need.

• Like 2

There has been a lot of posts about Sherwood not playing gil since he took over, but surely I can't be the only that thinks its just a language thing.

Sherwood comes in and wants to be 100% sure that a player can do the job he wants, foreign player that has only been in the country a couple if months doesn't get a look in.

A lot of overraction in here for me, Sherwood himself said he thought he had a wand of a left foot so obviously rates him, next season I think we'll see him feature more heavily.

• Like 1

it's going to be so depressing when we lose a gifted player who actually improved our attack when he joined, just because that arrogant prat of a manager just wants ug ug passion passion run run gibberish. Not everyone has to run like a spanner about the park 

Maybe shows why he hasn't been picked if he's stormed off. Hardly the best attitude.

That isn't the case. Trust me.

Very poor management is all i'll say.

For what it's worth Carles Gil doesn't even know.

I'll just leave it as that.

ITK or classic guesswork?

it's going to be so depressing when we lose a gifted player who actually improved our attack when he joined, just because that arrogant prat of a manager just wants ug ug passion passion run run gibberish. Not everyone has to run like a spanner about the park

I think he is using Gil to show he is the main man. It helps that Gil doesn't speak the language and won't hit back. Sherwood has an egg and he needs to be seen as the main man.

Edited by DK82

There has been a lot of posts about Sherwood not playing gil since he took over, but surely I can't be the only that thinks its just a language thing.

Sherwood comes in and wants to be 100% sure that a player can do the job he wants, foreign player that has only been in the country a couple if months doesn't get a look in.

A lot of overraction in here for me, Sherwood himself said he thought he had a wand of a left foot so obviously rates him, next season I think we'll see him feature more heavily.

If that's the reason, then he's a moron. I'll keep giving Sherwood the benefit of the doubt, but I'm struggling to think of reasonable reasons why. And I don't think he's the greatest player in the world, what a silly sweeping generalisation that anyone who questions it thinks Gil must be the finest thing since sliced cheese.

Some unbelievable overreactions on here and seems to this is just another stick to beat Sherwood with.

The manager clearly does not think he is good enough for a relegation fight, and as long as we stay up that's good enough for me.

Some unbelievable overreactions on here and seems to this is just another stick to beat Sherwood with.

The manager clearly does not think he is good enough for a relegation fight, and as long as we stay up that's good enough for me.

Do not make me repeat myself. If Richardson, Weimann, Cole, Grealish are good enough, Gil is too. Its personal chap. Rumour is Gil went home tonight when he found himself not even on the bench and I don't blame him. Sherwood has said he is quality in training an works hard. We are still missing the flare, may have been the link in previous games who knows, I would like to think so. 

what difference would GIl have made. Unless he has become a left back overnight then I dont think he would have helped 

Could have replaced grealish instead of a unfit Cole. May have made more of a impact than weimann in previous games.

• Like 1

It's like saying what difference Messi would have made for Barcelona. Yes, they would have won most games without him, but he is the icing on the cake, the guy that gets you out of trouble. Gil played more for a top 4 club in Spain, than he is for a bottom 4 in England. That is a fact.

Â