Carles Gil

bose

I hope he scores for fun this preseason and convinces Woody to keep him.

Woody?

That's what I call Sherwood.
Ah! My bad I actually thought that's what you had when you woke up every morning

I'm standing by my view that when Sherwood said that he had players that the current playing squad didn't allow him to play, he was talking about Gil.  Getting players like Gueye will give him more confidence to play Gil, assuming Carles wants to stay.

• Like 1

I hope he scores for fun this preseason and convinces Woody to keep him.

Woody?

That's what I call Sherwood.

Well don't.

Woody-Harrelson-Pictures.jpg

woody.jpg

Tim-SherwoodB.jpg

Maybe Sherwood has seen something we haven't but Gil seems to have something about him and I really doubt you could get someone as good as Gil for much lower than we will sell him for so i'd quite like to see him given a chance this season. 

I think Sherwood will give him a chance in pre-season especially if giving Tonev a chance. Last season was a difficult situation for both Sherwood and Gil to come into the club and while we got out of trouble it was clear to me why he wasnt playing Gil

new season and a fresh start as we wont be in trouble from the very start so I imagine we see more of a Gil if he wants to stay and fight

Why wouldn't he give a clearly decent player the chance to prove himself?  Ridiculous theories and digs thrown out last year that made no sense.  What manager wouldn't want a talented young player in their squad and wouldn't want to see if they are good enough?

• Like 1

Crikey, are we really talking now about Gil and Tonev in the same breath?

Youve clearly missed the point and just looked at the two names in isolation.

It's a good point. If tonev (who was totally bloody useless) is getting a chance, than surely Gil will.

with a full pre-season behind him and time for Sherwood to have a proper look at him with a season ahead, I think we'll know in the next couple of months whether he has a villa future ahead of him....

I hope he does, but then again, I hope everyone in out squad plays brilliantly for us...

Does anyone know what was actually said? Had a text from my Liverpool supporting mate this morning saying that Gil is part of Sherwood's plans next season. I never shut up about him so he knew it would make me happy but it's weird there is nothing online about it.

Does anyone know what was actually said? Had a text from my Liverpool supporting mate this morning saying that Gil is part of Sherwood's plans next season. I never shut up about him so he knew it would make me happy but it's weird there is nothing online about it.

Yeah its wierd. Nothing on their website about s sherwood interview either. Anyone actually hear it

He's going to be the last man standing at this rate.

Still wouldn't get a game.

lol, just imagine if all you needed was one footballer...Gil the only footballer left at the club...Tim "just one blasted footballer, that's all I need...where can I find one of them?"..."gil quietly pips...what about me boss?"...Tim continues to rant about not being able to find one footballer.

Edited by Neil

Â