Carles Gil

bose

Just noticed that Gill has the same number of pages, 155, as Clark. All this in five months versus Clark's five years (and hardly any games played). Well done Carles!

Edited by AVTuco

Just noticed that Gill has the same number of pages, 155, as Clark. All this in five months versus Clark's five years (and hardly any games played). Well done Carles!

And probably 100 of those since he hasn't played and people arguing whether he should play or not

If Sherwood isn't convinced, I wonder whether Wilkins is the kind of person to convince him to give Gil a proper chance. Whenever he's on commentary he seems to enjoy watching the small, technical players. I hope Gil gets a fair crack next season.

• Like 1

every thread should try to get meaningless 5 yard gif passes ;)

there wasn't another player in our squad who could have played that pass and you know it. we shoudl never have let the scottish iniesta go.

If Sherwood isn't convinced, I wonder whether Wilkins is the kind of person to convince him to give Gil a proper chance. Whenever he's on commentary he seems to enjoy watching the small, technical players. I hope Gil gets a fair crack next season.

Wilkins was a small technical player too, just deeper than Gil on the pitch. If Gil is as good as some of us think he might be I'd back Wilkins to spot it.

I think Sherwood knows he's a decent player. He said some very positive comments his first week in the job. But for some reason, which was proved correct, he decided to not use him to keep us in the league. I still think Sherwood will involve him more next season.

I think Sherwood knows he's a decent player. He said some very positive comments his first week in the job. But for some reason, which was proved correct, he decided to not use him to keep us in the league. I still think Sherwood will involve him more next season.

No it wasn't.

• Like 2

I think he'll get a chance, I really think his lack of english was a big part of Sherwood not picking him.  Given the position we were in, I imagine Sherwood wanted to a) motivate the players, and B) ensure they were following instructions mid match, on both parts you'd have to think Gill would have been on the outer within the team in terms of communication.

Even blind freddy can see Gil offer more than Znogbia, I just can't believe Sherwood is so blind / pigheaded / stupid to continue playing Nzogbia while not at least giving Gil a chance.

As other note, Wilkins being a fresh pair of eyes could also help his cause.  Finger crossed anyway, seeing him int he first XI would also be like a new signing.

No it wasn't.

Yeah it kinda was.

Think we'd all agree that we were nailed on to go down, we didn't go down, therefore TS got it right

The aim was to stay up. I'm not saying Gil would have relegated us if he played but Sherwood's decisions fulfilled the aim of his appointment.

Losing 6-1 to Southampton was not a decision made by the manager so not sure how that's relevant.

The aim was to stay up. I'm not saying Gil would have relegated us if he played but Sherwood's decisions fulfilled the aim of his appointment.

That's a different statement.

So sherwood said we had players who wernt suited for a relagation battle, dropped Gil, got us to an fa cup final and kept us up.

But still people are questioning whether it was the right decision.

Just lol.

So sherwood said we had players who wernt suited for a relagation battle, dropped Gil, got us to an fa cup final and kept us up.

But still people are questioning whether it was the right decision.

Just lol.

Yes.

It is possible that, despite doing very well whilst in charge and achieving his goal, that Sherwood can improve.

Unless you honestly think that every single decision he's made since taking charge has been 100% correct?

It's so **** black and white on here. Sherwood has done well so are we just supposed to accept that he can do no wrong?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Â