Carles Gil

bose

The guy has a smile on his face - looks up for pre-season - reports in Spain say Sherwood will give him a chance (in that rough translation) and still we have fans saying he is off and all that! Why not wait a bit? His Agent hasn't kicked up a fuss and mentioned transfers - nor have Villa but we still get those who say he's off!

I'll wait and see - maybe Sherwood WILL give him a go - he's building a decent squad (if all the links come to fruition) and Gil will be part of the squad.

I will wit and see but then I have patience and have had since the day I started following Villa in the early 60's. That's the only way to handle it. 

Patience is a virtue!

• Like 1

Have to trust that there's logic behind the club's decision on this. It sounds like there's a committee of Fox and Reilly as well as Sherwood making these decisions so it's not like the O'Neill days with the likes of Cahill.

I can see him given more of a chance this year, Sherwood will use him to bring a bit of class and craft to the midfield. He took the club over in a relegation dogfight, he needed gritty fighters, Gil isn't one of those. A pre-season and a chance to look at his squad and how Gil can be used will give him new options. Options which were too risky with such limited time but now are now options to add elements to the team.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

I can see him given more of a chance this year, Sherwood will use him to bring a bit of class and craft to the midfield. He took the club over in a relegation dogfight, he needed gritty fighters, Gil isn't one of those. A pre-season and a chance to look at his squad and how Gil can be used will give him new options. Options which were too risky with such limited time but now are now options to add elements to the team.

I totally agree.  

Given the precarious situation we were in when Sherwood joined, you can't blame him for wanting to settle on a first XI and sticking with it, trying to get them playing as a unit the way he wanted, it wasn't the time to experiment or chop and chance each week.

This season should be a totally different story.  The guy has clearly got ability, he's had a bit of time to settle in now (away from the spotlight which will help), hopefully speaks some basic english etc.  He is essentially a new signing, and hopefully he makes a big impression in pre-season and hits the ground running, certainly looks happy enough in the videos released yesterday.

Â