Carles Gil

bose

So sherwood said we had players who wernt suited for a relagation battle, dropped Gil, got us to an fa cup final and kept us up.

But still people are questioning whether it was the right decision.

Just lol.

Yes.

It is possible that, despite doing very well whilst in charge and achieving his goal, that Sherwood can improve.

Unless you honestly think that every single decision he's made since taking charge has been 100% correct?

Okay.

So sherwood said we had players who wernt suited for a relagation battle, dropped Gil, got us to an fa cup final and kept us up.

Just lol.

Yes.

It is possible that, despite doing very well whilst in charge and achieving his goal, that Sherwood can improve.

Unless you honestly think that every single decision he's made since taking charge has been 100% correct?

It's so **** black and white on here. Sherwood has done well so are we just supposed to accept that he can do no wrong?

Nice quick edit.

Sherwood can improve and of course not everything he does will always be right. But his decisions achieved the only goal given to him so far. So the decisions he's made have proved to be correct for the goal he was set. Surely that can't be argued against.

Sherwood can improve and of course not everything he does will always be right. But his decisions achieved the only goal given to him so far. So the decisions he's made have proved to be correct for the goal he was set. Surely that can't be argued against.

As a whole, of course not.

What I'm saying is there are (a minority of) decisions that have been made which weren't correct, despite the fact that we did very well overall.

Dropping Gil (or rather freezing him out of the team) was, in my opinion, one of those decisions. Just as dropping Guzan wasn't the right decision, imo. It doesn't take away from the quality of the job Sherwood has done, but those are decisions that I don't believe were the best things to do, and the fact that we stayed up doesn't prove otherwise. It just proves they weren't detrimental to our goal of staying up.

Edited by Stevo985

Just lol.

Yes.

Okay.

Top response that.

As a whole, of course not.

What I'm saying is there are (a minority of) decisions that have been made which weren't correct, despite the fact that we did very well overall.

Dropping Gil (or rather freezing him out of the team) was, in my opinion, one of those decisions. Just as dropping Guzan wasn't the right decision, imo. It doesn't take away from the quality of the job Sherwood has done, but those are decisions that I don't believe were the best things to do, and the fact that we stayed up doesn't prove otherwise. It just proves they weren't detrimental to our goal of staying up.

But those odd decisions aren't correct in your opinion. There's nothing to really prove they were incorrect. Whereas its proved that the decisions he did make were correct as they kept us up. You can say it was wrong to drop Gil, but you have nothing to back that up with.

Rumours poo pepper Potter,, ppossiblyttohelp with your eexistingand the surrounding

The aim was to stay up. I'm not saying Gil would have relegated us if he played but Sherwood's decisions fulfilled the aim of his appointment.

That's a different statement.

Yes, it's my opinion.

But neither does us staying up prove that it was correct.

Put it this way. If we'd gone down and I came in here and said "Well this proves that dropping Gil was the wrong decision", what would your reaction be?

Rumours poo pepper Potter,, ppossiblyttohelp with your eexistingand the surrounding

The aim was to stay up. I'm not saying Gil would have relegated us if he played but Sherwood's decisions fulfilled the aim of his appointment.

That's a different statement.

What has happened here? :D

Stevo, you decry the fact that things are too black and white on here but that's hypocritical.

You're assuming that TS dropped Girl for no good reason, as I've said before might there not be a chance that his attitude has stank, that maybe he hasn't applied himself in training well or something else along those lines that we wouldn't be privy to?

Whatever his attitude is or not I hope it's sorted out and that we see more of him next season. He seemed to show some potential and I think there can be a very good footballer in there. Plus he's on the payroll.

Stevo, you decry the fact that things are too black and white on here but that's hypocritical.

You're assuming that TS dropped Girl for no good reason, as I've said before might there not be a chance that his attitude has stank, that maybe he hasn't applied himself in training well or something else along those lines that we wouldn't be privy to?

Yes, absolutely. There's a very good chance of that being it. I can only go on what I've seen though and we've seen no evidence of any of that.

If it came out tomorrow that Gil had an awful attitude and everyone in the dressing room hated him then my opinion would be that Sherwood did the right thing.

As it stands all I can see is that Sherwood froze out what appeared to be a very good player for reasons unknown. Based on his ability I don't think that was the right thing to do.

But none of this changes the point I was making, and I'm not sure what it has to do with things being black and white.

Based on his ability I don't think that was the right thing to do.

Which is fair enough to have thought during the season. But now it's over and he achieved the goal set to him the decisions made have been justified as correct.

Managers in all different areas have to make unpopular decisions but if they achieve the goals set for them then those decisions were correct.

To answer the earlier question, if we'd gone down then i'd honestly say Sherwood's decisions were wrong, including choosing not to play Gil.

Which is fair enough to have thought during the season. But now it's over and he achieved the goal set to him the decisions made have been justified as correct.

Managers in all different areas have to make unpopular decisions but if they achieve the goals set for them then those decisions were correct.

To answer the earlier question, if we'd gone down then i'd honestly say Sherwood's decisions were wrong, including choosing not to play Gil.

Then I'd be having the exact same conversation with you, but the other way round :)

It's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at things.

What you are saying is that Sherwood has done absolutely nothing wrong.

And if we'd gone down, even though it may have hinged on one result, he'd have done absolutely everything wrong.

Like I said, completely black and white thinking. It makes no sense.

Edited by Stevo985

Then I'd be having the exact same conversation with you, but the other way round :)

It's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at things.

What you are saying is that Sherwood has done absolutely nothing wrong.

And if we'd gone down, even though it may have hinged on one result, he'd have done absolutely everything wrong.

Like I said, completely black and white thinking. It makes no sense.

It's a pretty black and white situation though. Sherwood was hired to do one thing. He was either going to achieve it or not. He did because of the decisions he made. Therefore in my book those decisions were proved to be correct ones.

Yes, absolutely. There's a very good chance of that being it. I can only go on what I've seen though and we've seen no evidence of any of that.

If it came out tomorrow that Gil had an awful attitude and everyone in the dressing room hated him then my opinion would be that Sherwood did the right thing.

As it stands all I can see is that Sherwood froze out what appeared to be a very good player for reasons unknown. Based on his ability I don't think that was the right thing to do.

But none of this changes the point I was making, and I'm not sure what it has to do with things being black and white.

You've got no evidence that it was the wrong decision either? So in actual fact, you should have virtually no opinion at all on the matter. Like me :)

• Like 2

Â