Carles Gil

bose

It's a pretty black and white situation though. Sherwood was hired to do one thing. He was either going to achieve it or not. He did because of the decisions he made. Therefore in my book those decisions were proved to be correct ones.

But surely you can understand that he could have made wrong decisions and still kept us up?

Similarly, he could have made right decisions and still sent us down?

I didn't think it was a difficult concept to be honest. But it does explain a lot.

Stevo, you decry the fact that things are too black and white on here but that's hypocritical.

You're assuming that TS dropped Girl for no good reason, as I've said before might there not be a chance that his attitude has stank, that maybe he hasn't applied himself in training well or something else along those lines that we wouldn't be privy to?

Yes, absolutely. There's a very good chance of that being it. I can only go on what I've seen though and we've seen no evidence of any of that.

If it came out tomorrow that Gil had an awful attitude and everyone in the dressing room hated him then my opinion would be that Sherwood did the right thing.

As it stands all I can see is that Sherwood froze out what appeared to be a very good player for reasons unknown. Based on his ability I don't think that was the right thing to do.

But none of this changes the point I was making, and I'm not sure what it has to do with things being black and white.

You've got no evidence that it was the wrong decision either? So in actual fact, you should have virtually no opinion at all on the matter. Like me :)

I know you're joking, but in all seriousness, that's exactly why I said it was my opinion that it was the wrong thing to do.

Whereas the other poster used the word "prove". There is no proof either way. Which is my point.

I am perfectly willing to concede that dropping Gil might have been the best thing to do, even though it's not my opinion that it was. But there certainly isn't proof that it was.

Seasons over yet still pages pf pages of steve talking about sherwoods decision to drop Gil, even though we reached our goals without him.

Time to move on chaps

Edited by YGabbana
  • Like 1

Seasons over yet still pages pf pages of steve talking about sherwoods decision to drop Gil, even though we reached our goals without him.

Time to move on chaps

You realise nobody is forcing you to read every thread, right?

And there's an ignore button if you don't like what I post.

Edited by Stevo985

Rumours poo pepper Potter,, ppossiblyttohelp with your eexistingand the surrounding

The aim was to stay up. I'm not saying Gil would have relegated us if he played but Sherwood's decisions fulfilled the aim of his appointment.

That's a different statement.
What has happened here? :D

Hahaha, I think I did that on my phone whilst it was in my pocket!

• Like 1

Stevo, you decry the fact that things are too black and white on here but that's hypocritical.

You're assuming that TS dropped Girl for no good reason, as I've said before might there not be a chance that his attitude has stank, that maybe he hasn't applied himself in training well or something else along those lines that we wouldn't be privy to?

Yes, absolutely. There's a very good chance of that being it. I can only go on what I've seen though and we've seen no evidence of any of that.

If it came out tomorrow that Gil had an awful attitude and everyone in the dressing room hated him then my opinion would be that Sherwood did the right thing.

As it stands all I can see is that Sherwood froze out what appeared to be a very good player for reasons unknown. Based on his ability I don't think that was the right thing to do.

But none of this changes the point I was making, and I'm not sure what it has to do with things being black and white.

You've got no evidence that it was the wrong decision either? So in actual fact, you should have virtually no opinion at all on the matter. Like me :)

I know you're joking, but in all seriousness, that's exactly why I said it was my opinion that it was the wrong thing to do.

Whereas the other poster used the word "prove". There is no proof either way. Which is my point.

I am perfectly willing to concede that dropping Gil might have been the best thing to do, even though it's not my opinion that it was. But there certainly isn't proof that it was.

I wasn't really joking, though I did give you an unnecessary poke hence the smile at the end. I genuinely have no opinion either way on whether Gil should have been starting or not. I thought he looked tasty in his first couple of appearances, a massive breath of fresh air, not so much in the next couple (though clearly he still had *something*) and his end product was lacking and I don't think he worked hard enough. Though I also believe he was carrying a minor injury?

So I understood the decision, whether it was the right one or not is completely unprovable. So I guess I'm on your side even if our overall opinions of the player don't quite meet. In fact, I might be the only person to have said he wasn't *that* impressed with Gil overall despite the potential.

It's a pretty black and white situation though. Sherwood was hired to do one thing. He was either going to achieve it or not. He did because of the decisions he made. Therefore in my book those decisions were proved to be correct ones.

But surely you can understand that he could have made wrong decisions and still kept us up?

Similarly, he could have made right decisions and still sent us down?

I didn't think it was a difficult concept to be honest. But it does explain a lot.

Haha, yes I'm sure it does.

No it's not a difficult concept. We're talking about team selections. Over a period of games he needed to get more points than others to keep us up. His team selections did that therefore his decisions regarding who played and who didn't during that period were proved to be correct. On the odd game, there are things that you could say were right and things that were wrong. But we're not talking about the odd game or individual moments. We're talking about a period of matches and the decisions during those regarding a player.

He was right to pick the players he did as they achieved the goal set for him. I didn't think that was a difficult concept.

It's not a difficult concept. 

But now we're discussing two different things.

I agree with everything you've said there.

But it still doesn't make the statement that "dropping Gil was proved to be correct" a true one. 

Maybe I'm being pedantic.

Posting stuff like, but if we did get relagated would it of been the right decision to drop Gil is just silly seeing as the seasons over and we stayed up.

Discussing his future here is fair enough.

Â