Carles Gil

bose

Does Gil track back? Does Gil know the importance of a relegation run in and what is expected? Is Gil fully settled in the league?

Sometimes its better the devil you know.

And once again, i ask, other than Bournemouths Reserves wonder goal..what else has he done to merit a starting place?

Showed us a bit of flair, lifted the fans, showed us we can still get players with a bit of style. It would be a very hard choice for alot of fans who they would prefer to be moved on, Gil with his very limited playing time or NZogbia, who has something, but is rarely seen.

To 'Ant'. We have heard this many a time, no one has said or even implied he is a Villa legend. What has been said is he can lift a crowd with his playing style unlike NZog, who to be fair I rate, but can be very lazy and one dimensional'

I like the fact Gil had one good game vs Bournemouths reserves and suddenly he is a Villa legend who got done wronged.

Was pretty damn good against Chelsea and Liverpool too, I take it you didn't watch those games?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Does Gil track back? Does Gil know the importance of a relegation run in and what is expected? Is Gil fully settled in the league?

1. Yes, he does have a good work rate.

2. He's foreign, he's not a fool. Of course he knows the importance of a relegation battle. He played a huge part in keeping Elche up in La Liga in the previous campaign.

3. Yes, he's clearly ready for the PL. He played extremely well vs the league's top teams (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool). Despite the fact that we lost those games, he was comfortably most Villa fans' MOTM in all of those games, as well as against "Bournemouth Reserves".

• Like 1

2. He's foreign, he's not a fool. Of course he knows the importance of a relegation battle. He played a huge part in keeping Elche up in La Liga in the previous campaign.

3. Yes, he's clearly ready for the PL. He played extremely well vs the league's top teams (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool). Despite the fact that we lost those games, he was comfortably most Villa fans' MOTM in all of those games, as well as against "Bournemouth Reserves".

are you NHS or private?

• Like 1

are you NHS or private?

Black market :-)

• Like 1

Watch the Chelsea goal again, he makes a total mug of Azpilcueta who's been one of the best fullbacks in the league last two seasons.

The lad has something. I just can't understand why people are seemingly getting offended by other posters actually wanting him to have been played in the run in.

I can understand why he was taken out of the starting 11 but was baffled by his omission then from the bench and not even coming on say when it was 0-0 v Swansea.

Blimey people criticising him and yet giving Joe Cole plaudits for his 5 minute appearence fees and passing the ball accurately to team mates. 

• Like 3

Does Gil track back?

Yes

Does Gil know the importance of a relegation run in and what is expected?

Yes

Is Gil fully settled in the league?

Unknown. But there was nothing to suggest he wasn't settling before he was dropped.

Hopefully Gil get his chance in preseason

I don't get it
Is it not pronounced Hil? So maybe 'hopefully he'll get his chance'?

I don't know I'm tired

Edited by av1

Â