Carles Gil

bose

I can't even see the last 'conspiracy theory' in the last few pages.

I think you're moaning about something that's already ceased tbh.

The only thing I can see are people still taking the piss out of those who were puzzled by his lack of involvement.

Apart from "But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation." which to be fair, you correctly described as "shite".

And here's another one if you're counting...

I do believe not playing Gil is all about his ego and rep. My personal opinion ofcourse.

The fact that we're counting proves that it's really only a couple of fringe posts and that people are making a mountain out of people trying to discuss why Gil is not in the team.

And the 2 posts were the same guy. Not sure what Briny is trying to prove really. That one guy is making conspiracy theories? Damn, the thread is jammed with them!

Edited by StefanAVFC

Only played 59 minutes under Sherwood. I'm a bit disappointed, really rated him when he was playing earlier. Looked like a top player.

I remember that appearance - he was non-existent in our midfield.

I'm sure he'll get a look in - especially once he has settled in properly - but with the way our midfield is currently playing he is rightly on the bench.

So for the first time in years we get a product of the youth scheme who looks to have genuine potential, who may get to be as good as, say, Brian Little, and who is already combining excitingly with players like Delph and Benteke, and people are wanting hiim to be dropped in favour of Gil.

Don't really understand.

So for the first time in years we get a product of the youth scheme who looks to have genuine potential, who may get to be as good as, say, Brian Little, and who is already combining excitingly with players like Delph and Benteke, and people are wanting hiim to be dropped in favour of Gil.

Don't really understand.

1 person.

it's not that hard to follow.

Don't really understand.

I think 95% of people will agree with you. I havent read the whole forum but i dont think many would want Grealish dropped at the moment. I really rate Gil and i think he would add more to this side than even Grealish but i do not want Grealish dropped. I do however think he should be in front of Wiemann and Cole in the pecking order to sit on the bench. Despite Nzogbias improvement i dont think he should be in front of Gil either. The match where we played with two number 10's i thought was great tactics by Sherwood. We played well and looked really threatening. I would love to see him play Gil in place of Nzogbia. Having Grealish and Gil supplying Benteke to me would be amazing. Sometimes Nzogbia can be really good but he is really infuriating with his pass selection and dribbling. Alot of the times he can go missing. I also think picking three defenders on the bench and leaving Gil out is a bit over kill. Sherwood is entitled to pick his team and he may or may not rate Gil.. but his lack of involved is what is puzzling those who want Gil in the side for the reasons i mentioned. We are not demanding he starts.. but i would have expected him to feature more than 59 minutes.. especially in a cup game.

To me if he Sherwood really rated him.. he would play him more or have him involved a lot more. When a lot of the squad is fit he is usually left out of the squad. When Sherwood came in he started him and raved about him in training so i wonder what has changed. It cant be that one bad game he had as most the team were poor that game. That is all i am wondering. I am not moaning or whinging.. i am just here to discuss why he may or may not be in the team..  yet some people (which i understand.. we are winning why change anything) are taking it over the top with the attacking of some forum members opinions. Again i do not want Sherwood to drop his starting side as it is working. However i am concerned that Gil may not be in Sherwoods future plans. It is a just a discussion.. the reason we all come on here.. so i dont understand why some people are so defensive over Sherwoods tactics or some comments that may have been made in the heat of the conversation.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

The issue is likely to be a personal one and I do not mean in the sense that Sherwood ate a dodgy paella once upon a time and now has a thing against Spaniards. Maybe he is struggling to settle in the country which would not be the ideal mindset for the time being. Perhaps there are disciplinary issues? Though that is unlikely as he IS still involved.

I don't think it is anything sinister, just standard football stuff. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Don't really understand.

I think 95% of people will agree with you. I havent read the whole forum but i dont think many would want Grealish dropped at the moment. I really rate Gil and i think he would add more to this side than even Grealish but i do not want Grealish dropped. I do however think he should be in front of Wiemann and Cole in the pecking order to sit on the bench. Despite Nzogbias improvement i dont think he should be in front of Gil either. The match where we played with two number 10's i thought was great tactics by Sherwood. We played well and looked really threatening. I would love to see him play Gil in place of Nzogbia. Having Grealish and Gil supplying Benteke to me would be amazing. Sometimes Nzogbia can be really good but he is really infuriating with his pass selection and dribbling. Alot of the times he can go missing. I also think picking three defenders on the bench and leaving Gil out is a bit over kill. Sherwood is entitled to pick his team and he may or may not rate Gil.. but his lack of involved is what is puzzling those who want Gil in the side for the reasons i mentioned. We are not demanding he starts.. but i would have expected him to feature more than 59 minutes.. especially in a cup game.

To me if he Sherwood really rated him.. he would play him more or have him involved a lot more. When a lot of the squad is fit he is usually left out of the squad. When Sherwood came in he started him and raved about him in training so i wonder what has changed. It cant be that one bad game he had as most the team were poor that game. That is all i am wondering. I am not moaning or whinging.. i am just here to discuss why he may or may not be in the team..  yet some people (which i understand.. we are winning why change anything) are taking it over the top with the attacking of some forum members opinions. Again i do not want Sherwood to drop his starting side as it is working. However i am concerned that Gil may not be in Sherwoods future plans. It is a just a discussion.. the reason we all come on here.. so i dont understand why some people are so defensive over Sherwoods tactics or some comments that may have been made in the heat of the conversation.

Excellent post. I don't know why this has to be spelled out for some people. Just because people want to see more (read: > 0 minutes) of Gil does not mean they want him to start every game ahead of Grealish. Talk about a strawman. 

I know it was a while back, but the comments such as the one that stated "I'd rather have Gil here than Sherwood next season", that got a dozen or so likes, put a few backs up I think. Siege mentality if you like. There HAVE been conspiracies bandied around which hasn't helped.

I'm not saying it's right, but I don't think people should be surprised at the division either. Plenty of people are ridiculed in plenty of threads on VillaTalk. Welcome to the internet.  

It isn't just one person at all. We had several people earlier in the thread saying they'd prefer Gil to still be here next season instead of Sherwood.

That was like 2 months ago and was one post.

Seemingly you can't mention wanting to see Gil without somebody referencing that post.

Talk about siege mentally is ironic as it seems to be the people referencing that post that have that mentality.

Want to see more of Gil and you get a barrage of posts about how you're crazy for believing conspiracy theories and how dare you question the manager and you want Grealish dropped etc

• Like 1

That post was earlier in Sherwood's tenure, when the jury was still very much out on him. I bet most people now (myself included, as I remember liking that post) wouldn't agree with that sentiment anymore.

You mean you changed your opinion? Bloody nutter!  ;)

• Like 1

Â