Carles Gil

bose

Criminal if we let him go. Low transfer fee and no doubt low wages. Very un PC on this forum but a better player than Grealish at the moment.

on what basis? plus he has a 3 year headstart on Grealish

2 goals in 40 top flight games is not what I would call game changing stats that people were raving that the manager should go unless Gil plays

Down to personal opinion more than anything as neither have played many games but I agree with Harry.

Looked the better player in his few appearances for the club than Grealish IMO, whether he is the better talent or not is yet to be seen.

Considering we signed him for around £3.2m and he seemingly is out of favour that is actually not a bad offer to consider.

I'd rather he stayed and was used as he looked to have shown some great potential.

Celta will be a great move for him though, play great football and if they hold on to key players this summer like Nolito etc it could actually be pretty exciting.

I'd be very pissed off if we made a loss on him, to add to how pissed off I am in general with what's happened to him. While things are up in the air with the takeover, I hope nobody goes and makes a rash decision over Gil or anyone else.

I can't work this one out, okay Jack has been playing well but at his age he will probably be hot and cold so having Gil who looked really promising to me is a no brainer imo.

It's not really Jack's place he is competing for though, it's N'Zogbia's. I bet he feels a right plank for wasting 6 months sat around doing nothing in Birmingham when he could have been fighting for a place in Valencia. But in Tim we trust etc.

I would be sorry to see Gill go as I think with a prolonged run in the team and the right coaching he could well develop into a special player, but can understand why we may decide to move him on…

Flair players are all well and good but they have to be regularly effective and I’m not sure that Gill offers too much more at the minute than intermittent bursts of quality and there are lots of players that have that ability. If Gill could be more consistent and work harder without the ball then he’d be a serious player but many don’t develop that way and can be somewhat of a luxury player imo.

We also do have other options in and about the positions that Gill is competing for and though Gill is older than say Grealish I don’t think he is that far ahead of him – and that’s not to say I am at all on board the Grealish bandwagon. I think both need to improve if they want to continue to play top level football but Jack is younger, on less money (I would assume) and is a local lad which should make him more committed.

I would like us to ship N’zogbia out and see Sherwood work with and try and develop Gill but I think that the main issue seems to be Gill just not fitting with Sherwoods philosophy or plans and as such I'm sure we've seen him in a Villa kit for the last time.

Total waste, a quality player who would make a big difference. Nice one Tim!

He didn't make much of a difference when he was playing, as we lost every single league match he played in.*

*Please note: under no circumstances am I saying that that us losing those matches was purely down to Gil, but it cannot be said he made "a big difference" as in the 6 league games he played, we scored two goals.

• Like 2

He didn't make much of a difference when he was playing, as we lost every single league match he played in.*

*Please note: under no circumstances am I saying that that us losing those matches was purely down to Gil, but it cannot be said he made "a big difference" as in the 6 league games he played, we scored two goals.

Delph and Benteke played in all of those games too, that is extremely flimsy logic that keeps popping up once every page. He got an assist in one of those games, so you could also say he was involved in 50% of our goals in the games that he played ;)

No, you've just totally failed to understand the point I was trying to make.  As I was at pains to point out, I wasn't blaming him at all for those results.  But nothing he did "made a difference" which was the point I was replying to, as our total points from those games was nil, even the game he got an assist in.  And I realise that that's exactly the same as for Delph and Benteke, but we're not talking about those players.

• Like 2

Best player on the pitch when he came on against Liverpool, giving us much needed cutting edge and nearly contributed to us scoring by creating chances and openings for us, plus an excellent assist against Chelsea. Yeah, didn't make much of a difference at all did he?

Best player on the pitch when he came on against Liverpool, giving us much needed cutting edge and nearly contributed to us scoring by creating chances and openings for us, plus an excellent assist against Chelsea. Yeah, didn't make much of a difference at all did he?

Not really, we still lost.

• Like 1

Â