New manager

reykjavik

It would be insane to gamble this late in the season without a replacement ready to go.

True, but that makes it my main reason for thinking that's what we've gone and done.

It would be insane to gamble this late in the season without a replacement ready to go.

True, but that makes it my main reason for thinking that's what we've gone and done.

Lambert was taking us down. More or less any change gives us a better chance of staying up. Easy decision really.... I don't think a replacement was lined up before Lambert was pushed though..

I think I'd plump for Curbishley. When he took over West Ham they were in a relegation fight and won 7 of their last 9 games to stay up, plus he overachieved for years with Charlton. Former Villa player, I think his football was fairly decent, he's available and may be willing to do it on a short-term basis. Problem is how long he's been out of management. I just can't see any long-term options available at the moment.

• Like 2

Mark Warburton would be a fantastic choice. This guy is going to be  a big player in the managers circle in next few years i think

Last time we were in this situation people were saying the same about Adkins, Mcdermott and Lambert.