New manager

reykjavik

Based on what?

Errrrr? Based on he can be no worse than lambert?

Experience, proven tactician, good with youth, managed for England, talks a good game, looking for a team to manage.

He hasnt managed since 2006 and even then he was miserable at Wolves. 

I also love talks a good game as a criteria  :lol:

Edited by Zatman

Based on what?

Experience, proven tactician, good with youth, managed for England, talks a good game, looking for a team to manage.

He hasn't managed in 10 years, and wasn't particularly good then.

Our next appointment should not be based purely on the candidate being better than Lambert. It should be the best candidate we can get.

And if that best candidate is Glen Hoddle then we're in a worse position than any of us could have imagined.

This is how bad Lambert is!

He's got options like Hoddle being suggested. Even he would be better for me, he can't be worse. Hate saying that.

Please leave Paul. You're out of your depth.

Based on what?

And if that best candidate is Glen Hoddle then we're in a worse position than any of us could have imagined.

Lambert is the one taking us there right now :(

I know all about redknapps, and Noddle's etc failings.

They are poor choices.

The trouble is, like many others, I would now rather have absolutely anybody other than Lambert. His record breaking, tactically inept, reign has finally tipped me over the edge, he is an absolute unmitigated disaster.

So, unlike one or two who would rather be relegated than employ xyz, I will now tale anybody, anybody at all.

I just don't see Lambert coming good and relegation could finish us for good.

Based on what?

He hasn't managed in 10 years, and wasn't particularly good then.

Our next appointment should not be based purely on the candidate being better than Lambert. It should be the best candidate we can get.

Our next candidate has to be no more than someone who keeps us up.

Our next appointment should not be based purely on the candidate being better than Lambert.

To be fair, it would be a start!  It also gives us a wide pool of people to pick from.

• Like 1

I think style of football is very important to what Fox is trying to achieve with the 'brand'. So if he's still here when Lambert leaves I think that will play a big factor in who we go for, think we'll cast our net a lot further than we have previously.

But that's going to be quite some distance into the future. Because we need to get taken over first and for the new owners to have given Lambert a chance.

Neil Lennon , worked at a big club in Celtic , yes it's a touch easy but you still have to do it, doing well at Bolton,he will manage in the prem one day, don't think he would stand for the performances from the current players unlike lambert

Our next appointment should not be based purely on the candidate being better than Lambert.

To be fair, it would be a start!  It also gives us a wide pool of people to pick from.

Of course it would be a start.

but that doesn't mean we should be entertaining the idea of employing Redknapp or Hoddle because of it!

Of course it would be a start.

but that doesn't mean we should be entertaining the idea of employing Redknapp or Hoddle because of it!

"Anyone is better than this clown!".

Redknapp at least would be more attacking and he certainly couldn't do any worse than Lambert is doing at the moment. Our squad is far superior to QPR's and he did beat MON to 4th spot when manager of Spurs. I'm probably the only one but I would love Harry at Villa. 

• Like 1

This job is a gift horse for somebody. Fair play to Lambert he has put a decent squad together but is so tactically inept doesn't have a clue to get anything approaching the best out of them. However I am sure any manger worth his salt would fancy their chances. There wouldn't a shortage of applicants and given how poor we have been and the almost never seen before stats Lambert has overseen even Lerner would have to go some to find anyone who could do worse.

• Like 1

Paulo DiCanio. Terrible long term option, brilliant short term option. He'd come in, kick them all in the arse, and win a few games.

Everything here is true, except for him being a brilliant short term option and that he would win a few games. It is impossible to predict what he would do with our team, but it would be very easy to look at his career and write him off an as absolute tool of the highest order.