New manager

reykjavik

I know people will say he's only the same as Lambert was 3/4 years ago, but if Burnley went down I'd go for Sean Dyche.

Yes, it's a gamble, but surely that's the best we can do in our current situation. Just because Lambert hasn't worked doesn't mean a manager with a similar background isn't capable of making the step up.

I understand that Dyche isn't proven yet and that there are the obvious examples of managers that have done similar things in recent times only to prove to be busted flushes (*coughs*) but is there anything in particular about his management that has caused you not to rate him? Genuinely curious. I too wouldn't be keen on appointing him either at this moment in time, but due to the reasoning I began this post with.

I don't think he's tactically very good.

He's extremely good at motivating, and that's what has gotten Burnley as far as they have so far.

But I actually think that will be their downfall. They're playing an intense high pressure game and I think it's going to catch up with them. They haven't got a huge squad, and the squad they have isn't being used very well as Dyche is playing the same 11 as often as possible it seems.

I don't think you can do that anymore. They've put up a good fight, but I think they'll trail off now. Their capitulation at 2-0 up the other day is the first sign of that imo.

Of course I acknowledge that at the same time as being unproven he could be unrealised potential, but I don't really see it. He's done nothing yet to make me think he's a properly good manager. 

They're playing an intense high pressure game and I think it's going to catch up with them. They haven't got a huge squad, and the squad they have isn't being used very well as Dyche is playing the same 11 as often as possible it seems.

Fair point.

Funny not one rates him, because he has achieved not far off from what Lambert has previous as manager.

I must have missed those back to back promotions and keeping his team in the premier league...

Anyway, achievements don't necessarily equal quality. Just because 2 managers may have achieved the same doesn't mean you can't rate them differently.

Funny not one rates him, because he has achieved not far off from what Lambert has previous as manager.

That's kinda the reason I'm reluctant to rate him at this moment.

Now John Gregory has had successful surgery, can we have him as manager please?

I met John when Villa were staying at the Lancaster Gate hotel in London prior to playing Arsenal. I plucked up the courage to introduce myself while he and the squad were eating in the restaurant. Couldn't speak highly enough of the man as he made the players around him introduce themselves and shake my hand including Merson and Southgate LOL.

He made it seem he was more interested in me as a fan than any of his players. Top bloke.

• Like 2

Gordon Strachan lives in Leamington afaik so not too surprising to see him at VP.

Dunno about Sherwood. Fingers crossed he's just taking in a game, because him as manager would be a **** disaster

• Like 1

Now John Gregory has had successful surgery, can we have him as manager please?

I met John when Villa were staying at the Lancaster Gate hotel in London prior to playing Arsenal. I plucked up the courage to introduce myself while he and the squad were eating in the restaurant. Couldn't speak highly enough of the man as he made the players around him introduce themselves and shake my hand including Merson and Southgate LOL.

He made it seem he was more interested in me as a fan than any of his players. Top bloke.

I like him, but I certainly don't want him to come back as our manager. His career since he left has been anything but impressive.

Gordon Strachan lives in Leamington afaik so not too surprising to see him at VP.

Dunno about Sherwood. Fingers crossed he's just taking in a game, because him as manager would be a **** disaster

Strachan may have been watching Alan Hutton for his Scotland squad or maybe a few Bournemouth players..