New manager

reykjavik

I think I'd plump for Curbishley. When he took over West Ham they were in a relegation fight and won 7 of their last 9 games to stay up, plus he overachieved for years with Charlton. Former Villa player, I think his football was fairly decent, he's available and may be willing to do it on a short-term basis. Problem is how long he's been out of management. I just can't see any long-term options available at the moment.

Yeah this would be safe and dull appointment- but is realistic and he could keep us up.

I think I'd plump for Curbishley. When he took over West Ham they were in a relegation fight and won 7 of their last 9 games to stay up, plus he overachieved for years with Charlton. Former Villa player, I think his football was fairly decent, he's available and may be willing to do it on a short-term basis. Problem is how long he's been out of management. I just can't see any long-term options available at the moment.

Yeah this would be safe and dull appointment- but is realistic and he could keep us up.

I'd take a dull 17th over an exhilarating drop.

Rumoured to have been 2nd choice when houllier got the job. Hes a former bluenose though....would Lerner do that again...i know the link isn't so strong..but once bitten...

I wouldn't be against this though....

Dean Scoggins ‏@SunDeanScoggins

Ok..as papers are about to hit presses.. our info is that Sherwood already expressed interest..the other name in #avfc frame atm is..Dyche

Don't get the Sherwood hate to be honest. Seems like a character anf is.passionate. Did well with Spurs. I don't live in the UK so maybe im missing something. Also had a liking for Di Matteo previously.

• Like 3

Dean Scoggins ‏@SunDeanScoggins

Ok..as papers are about to hit presses.. our info is that Sherwood already expressed interest..the other name in #avfc frame atm is..Dyche

Don't get the Sherwood hate to be honest. Seems like a character anf is.passionate. Did well with Spurs. I don't live in the UK so maybe im missing something. Also had a liking for Di Matteo previously.

Agreed. I think it's because he's so young and inexperienced and I guess we've just had our fingers burned by that. I'd quite like him here though.

• Like 1