3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

That was terrible to watch.

Our midfield 5 were/are terrible.
Cleverly doesnt warrent the money, Westwood nah... Sanchez is improving.  Gabby and Weimann are just painful.  I wish Lambert would just have the balls to play Grealish and Robinson... can't be any worse. 

Doesn't feel like 3 points.....

I seem to be utterly alone in thinking that we didn't play that badly? the football wasn't great and we couldn't hold onto the ball but all of the back 4 were good in the air, the tackle and were just solid throughout. Sanchez is impressing me more and more. Westwood and Gabby may as well have not come out 2nd half but Cleverly did enough defending and Benteke and Weimann did what they could with the ridiculously little amount of time they had with the ball. Weimann impressed me in fact and i think that game was a rare occasion where he earned his place in the line-up for next match, which is why he is inevitably now banned for the next game.

We just had to win, no matter how, and we did. The tactic might have been to hold on, not concede and hope we get lucky the other end, but it worked. Palace looked like they wouldn't score if we'd left them to it for another 15 minutes, they were terrible. Almost certain to go down. Now we need a better performance against Leicester and another 3 points and we'll be looking slightly more comfortable.

We are twelfth in the league, say we are twelfth in the league!

• Like 2

The players have spirit, they work hard, and have as much ability as at least half the league.

We also have a class striker and top gk.

All we need is for the manager to either leave, or get them to play some positive football, and we will be fine.

• Like 1

Sanchez is actually looking our best midfielder recently and im pleased for him.

The problem is playing him, cleverly and westwood in the same midfield is counter productive, they are all essentially the same player and exactly the reason we can't score more than one goal in a game.

• Like 2

Now Im a Lambert sympathiser, I actually like the bloke and hope he does well for us for many a year yet. 

In saying that Id like to know what the people were watching to give his tactics an 'excellent' vote.

• Like 2

Player by player for me:

Guzan: Few shaky handling errors but he's as good as they come really. - 8

Hutton: He's a collosus, quick, smart, decisive. Nullifed Bolasie. - 10

Okore: Did well again bar getting caught under 1 high ball which, when the opposition plays 278 of them, is acceptable. Love the way he shoots out of defence to pounce on a midfielder. Less mobile centre halves can't do that jazz. - 8

Clark: Cleaned up at the back again looking every inch the senior pro back there. - 8

Cissokho: I think he's actually a remote controlled robot that a 12 year old has the controls for. I saw a baby giraffe in the zoo last week with more poise. I love him though becasue he thinks it's all hilarious. - 7

Cleverley: Didn't impact going forward but he was everywhere in defence. Put body on the line. Impressed by that. - 7

Westwood: Can't influence games like that. At times when we needed him to do what he does and put his foot on it he failed to do so. Worst game from him in a while. - 5

Sanchez: A real terrier, did everything he could, jumped with men 4 inches taller than him all day and never backed down. Tried to spur on our attacks when he could which isn't his role. He's an assett. - 7

Agbonlahor: Tried hard but couldn't make an impact. Was being repeatedly fouled when we did have spells of possesion which hindered him being able to get away from his man. - 6

Weimann: Another tireless shift but his touches and passed are always off by 5%. Got in some really important tackles tracking back. Honest player who forgoes a lot of chance at glory for the benefit of the team - 6

Benteke: That goal. Reminded me of Liverpool two years ago. He's soooo intimidating. Hold up play was ok, he'll get better. He's worth 15 points to us. - 9

Remember lads Palace are a good team at home. They create a good atmosphere and it's a horrible pitch.  They stuck 3 past Liverpool last week and we just took 3 points from one of the most important way fixtures in our calendar.

• Like 2

Guzan -        5 (lucky not to cost us a goal)

Hutton -        8 (top class, exactly what we need in games like tonight)

Okore -        6  (looked a bit dodgy again)

Clark  -         7  (Solid game again)

Cissokho  -   6  (did ok)

Westwood -  6  (good delivery from set pieces but poor game)

Cleverley  -  6  (worked hard in defence but so bad going forward)

Cole         -   -

Gabby     -   5  (worked hard but gave the ball away too much)

Weimann -   6  (worked hard, needs to play up top)

Benteke   -   8  (Beast)

subs:

Sanchez  -   7  (probably his best game for us)

Richardson - -

Lambert  -   5  (I understand why he plays like this but it's hard to watch and not the long term plan I hope, I guess our tactics were changed when Cole got injured and we would of had much more of a go if he had of stayed on)

I thought Hutton was top class again and won us some frees when we were under big pressure and was great at calming things down in the last 10 minutes.  He also did a superb job of containing their wingers all game. Benteke looked in great shape and his goal was quality. Clark is putting in some brilliant performances and he has really surprised me as I had more or less written him off.  Gabby once again gave the ball away in dangerous positions and I'd like to see him on the bench.

Hutton (motm)

• Like 1

Now Im a Lambert sympathiser, I actually like the bloke and hope he does well for us for many a year yet. 

In saying that Id like to know what the people were watching to give his tactics an 'excellent' vote.

A win?

• Like 2

Sanchez is actually looking our best midfielder recently and im pleased for him.

The problem is playing him, cleverly and westwood in the same midfield is counter productive, they are all essentially the same player and exactly the reason we can't score more than one goal in a game.

I dunno. Sanchez doesn't automatically turn his back to goal as soon as he gets the ball.

The fact we've reached a point where we'll take any points we can after 14 games shows how poor we've been.

An awful performance and I can't think of many games we've won were we were worse.

Huge credit for the fight the team showed and how well we defended.  But on the flipside to that i'd imagine that's what a league 1 club would do in cup game away from home.

Benteke is top class and with him in the team you will always have a chance of scoring.

Points move us up the table, performance makes me think it won't be too long before we drop down again.

Â