• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Great to get the win, but obviously disappointing to be on the back foot for so long. Palace had a lack of quality up front, with Zaha seemingly going backwards each season now.

If Benteke stays and stays fit, we'll be mid table. I dont see much better football ahead though unless a creative midfielder starts consistantly.

No idea how one of the most one sided matches i have ever seen ended in a win for us.

Guzan: 6 - Good saves but looked shakey in some simple handling

Cissokho: 5 - Mostly awful

Clark: 7 - Mostly good

Okore: 6 - Good with a hint of bad thrown in

Hutton: 6 - see above

Cleverly: 5 - Worked hard but contributes nothing offensively

Sanchez: 5 - as above

Westwood: 4 - Mostly awful

Weimann: 5 - awesome left back

Gabby: 5 - pretty bad

Benteke: 7 - Awesome for two clear moments, terrible the rest

Cole, Richardson - too little time to rate

This is spot on. Amazing really that we won that game.

Began time wasting time after 37 minutes - Which says is all

I'm as over the moon as the next man with a win, but this is why things must change.
It's called slowing the game down.
  • Like 2

Unbeaten in 4. Now scored 3 goals in 3 games. Again more possession versus (another piss poor) side. There is a lot of crap in the league and we will probably just about have enough to scrabble to 40 points again. No way we will follow up this win with another on Sunday. That will be a 1-1 draw. 

Still have to say Lambert needs to be fired and that's following a win.  That was awful,pathetic and dire performance and due to a quality Benteke goal and shocking final third play by Palace we won.  

I am delighted with the win and will go and enjoy that now but geez it just shows how poor we are and not just taking this game into my thinking but this season, the last couple of seasons.....on that basis Lambert needs to go because we wont always be that fortunate in the future.

Hutton was my MOM btw. Absolutely fantastic. 

If Tekkers didn't single handedly score that goal, Hutton would've been mine as well. But that goal...had to give it to Tekkers.

Agreed.  The reason we won tonight was because the most talented player on the pitch was in a Villa shirt.   If Tekkers had been playing for Palace tonight I fear it could have been three or four nil to them, if he had still been suspended then it would have probably been 0-0.   When they say quality players are worth x number of points a season then they are talking about games like tonight.  

I'm actually relieved that Benteke has had a slow start to the season. He looked the business against Spurs and he did the business tonight against Palace.  Had he been playing like that since August then we might be sitting on 20-25 points but I fear someone in the Champions League would come in for him in January.   I'm resigned to losing the lad in the summer but I'm confident we can keep him for the rest of the season now.  If he gets 10-15 goals between now and May then we could be looking at a big fee for him too. 

• Like 3

Sounds like we were our usual terrible self but feck it il be positive

Benteke is back and in the goals

We are 12th

3 points further away from relegation thanks to other results

Another 90 minutes for Okore who WILL be the next Desailly!

Couldn't ask for a better game next week to try and get another 3 points (nailed on defeat)

Great team effort and result. Agbonlahor and Weimann aren't good enough. We need to change things up next game and get some decent creativity and width. Grealish and Lowton would be nice. Benteke must be pretty frustrated having to spend most of the game watching us defend and having to feed off scrapps / make his own chances.

Smug Warnock last week saying he'd never criticize Bolasie for anything he does in attack because he's a game changer. I'd say he's tearing strips off him tonight because he BUTCHERED 4 or 5 one on ones and overlaps against Hutton. Hutton had him utterly figured out, give him enough time and space to tie himself in a knot then calmly come away with the ball.

Sounds like we were our usual terrible self but feck it il be positive

Benteke is back and in the goals

We are 12th

3 points further away from relegation thanks to other results

Another 90 minutes for Okore who WILL be the next Desailly!

Couldn't ask for a better game next week to try and get another 3 points (nailed on defeat)

Yes Okore for me was our best player. 

Â