• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

YES! YES! YES! YES!

That was a 90 minute panic attack. They only had one tactic, hoof and compete for the breaking ball. When we do that we get called crap, so I'm calling it, they are utter crap.

Has a game ever passed anyone by as much as that passed Ashley Westwood by? The ball in the air and the physicality in there was way too much for him.

Alan Hutton 12/10. He's unbelievable.

• Like 1

The defence seem to be doing well. If Vlaar and Senderos become fit they should go on the bench. Clark and Okore have been remarkable in the centre.

3 points this evening was really good with other results going our way.

I still want Lambert out though as this turgid brand of football has no place in the Premiership and certainly not at Villa.

• Like 4

Began time wasting time after 37 minutes - Which says is all

I'm as over the moon as the next man with a win, but this is why things must change.

Warnock won't be happy after that! We got all the decisions and they bossed us pretty much all match. 2nd half we just kept hoofing it out of defence and it just kept coming back. Hard to say good defending when nearly every man was getting beat. We were just lucky. 

No idea how one of the most one sided matches i have ever seen ended in a win for us.

Guzan: 6 - Good saves but looked shakey in some simple handling

Cissokho: 5 - Mostly awful

Clark: 7 - Mostly good

Okore: 6 - Good with a hint of bad thrown in

Hutton: 7 - see above but less bad

Cleverly: 5 - Worked hard but contributes nothing offensively

Sanchez: 5 - as above

Westwood: 4 - Mostly awful

Weimann: 5 - awesome left back

Gabby: 5 - pretty bad

Benteke: 7 - Awesome for two clear moments, terrible the rest

Cole, Richardson - too little time to rate

Edited by VillanousOne

First time I've voted for very poor managers performance.

Got the win but that was awful, we were getting pressed everywhere. To Palace.

Their players went down too easy a lot and were dirty at times to boot. I didn't like it but we were still lucky to get a win in that.

Hutton MOM, when Cole went off it didn't help as I bet they were all expecting a similar performance from him today. 

We held on. That's abotu all the positives you can take from that is we have a defensive unit who can take a metirc f*ckton of pressure for 90 minutes. Further up the field apart from a coupleo fmoments where he showed his class Benteke was way off his best. Juist bounced off him so without Cole, the plan to knock it in to him and Benteke holds it up was screwed too.

You can't say we don't have spirit and DDDW is twice as good as DDDL.

• Like 1

Has a game ever passed anyone by as much as that passed Ashley Westwood by? The ball in the air and the physicality in there was way too much for him.

Was Westwood even playing?

Then again, i missed the first 10 minutes and just before half-time was laughing at how anonymous Cole had been.

• Like 1

The entire Villa team is going to get arrested on the way home, because that was, as someone (possibly Sne) wittily wrote in the match thread, floodlight robbery.

I'm relieved at that win, but I can't say I'm particularly overjoyed because we simply didn't deserve it. We had some good moments in defence but equally some shocking clearances and some headless chicken moments too. Our midfield passing was limited to either sideways or backwards, and I barely noticed Weimann on the pitch all evening.

Lambert will come out and call it a great performance, and laud the players for their hard work and determination, but all this match has done is paper over the cracks of the utter, utter mess that our club is in. Something is rotten in the state of Aston, and but for another Benteke wonder-goal we'd all be furious. We simply cannot keep relying on one player to pull us out of this quagmire.

• Like 4

ref was good considering all the pressure over absolutely **** all they tried to put him under

palace were all flash and no bang, lots of step overs, lots of tricks absolutely no end product 

we were shit, even shitter than normal, ridiculously shakey at the back as a team even though hutton, clark and okore all had good performances, midfield was near non existent, weimann ran around a lot but did very little, gabby didnt even run around a lot... brilliant goal won it

Â