January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

How about Paulino from Spurs, doesn't get a look in and maybe we could swap with delph seeing as they value him at 7m.

What's Mica Richards up to lately, always liked the look of his work rate! Loan maybe?
Plays in Italy now

Juve said to be interested in him now too. So probs a little out of our league.

No offence but most of the players being mentioned seem highly unlikely going by past transfer windows and my feeling that Lerner isn't bothered as long as Lambert keeps us up, which it's looking like he might be able to do without reinforcements.

Edited by useless

During those 3 sixth place finishes we had the eighth, sixth and sixth highest wage bill in the league. In addition during O'Neills time we had a net spend of approx 75 mill, much less if you include the Milner sale which took place days after he left. Given what was spent both in fees and wages then sixth place was about right. We didn't over achieve but we certainly didn't under achieve.

Anyway I like others have now gone way off topic.

The first sixth place finish was good but there still wasn't any team that finished below us that you can say we overachieved to finish ahead of. During 2008/09, we finished behind Everton. The next season Spurs finished fouth, not because their squad was vastly more expensive than ours but because they made better investments.

As I say though, the finishes under O'Neill would be looked upon more favourably if he had left a better legacy. Instead he embarked on what was a very short-term and poorly thought out transfer policy that had no sustainability. For that, it is impossible for me to look upon his reign in any sort of favourable light.

I'd say his legacy looks worse because of the managers we replaced him with.

How about dyer from Swansea? I dunno how much he'd cost, but I always liked him as a player, seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders

Would be a brilliant signing but can't see him wanting to leave Swansea or that they'd sell him

He finished 6th spending roughly what we do now net but with the 6th highest wage bill.

Can we stop talking about 5 years ago now football has moved on with FFP

Yeah and this bloke O'Neil would have put Bennett on 60K a week. One thing I do rate Lambert for is paying a player his worth!!

• Like 1

Yea he's done his number one job well buying well.

For me as long as we stay up I don't care I want to see where it goes now the squad is pretty full compared to when he came here and he doesn't HAVE to spread the cash around it could be exciting or it could continue either way no manager has brought better than him for us for 20 years

• Like 2

He finished 6th spending roughly what we do now net but with the 6th highest wage bill.

Can we stop talking about 5 years ago now football has moved on with FFP

Yeah and this bloke O'Neil would have put Bennett on 60K a week. One thing I do rate Lambert for is paying a player his worth!!

MON would have put Bennett on 60k a week and then played sylla at left back...

True. He'd also be winning games and finishing in a decent position.

• Like 1

Terrible signing for me if true, the bloke hardly did a thing at West Brom, is made for life from his Man. City move so dosen't seem motivated anymore and his missus is probably more famous than him.

He won't be any better than Gabby or Weimann.

• Like 1