January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Completely agree we need a wide threat in this window, sick of seeing Gabby and Andi being relied on for width. Add to that, the AM, which is clearly obvious, just a matter of Lerner will get off his arse and get the cheque book out...not likely. Surely we have to be looking to Spain and the Dutch leagues...much better deals to be had, I.e. Sanchez, Perez from Newcastle.

Sanogo has scored what 1 goal for Arsenal playing infront of some of the most creative players in world football e.g. Ozil, Alexis.

Hope there isn't anything in this. It would be typical Lambert to sign another lumbering 6ft + striker and ignore how we're going to creat chances for him.

Ok what do we class Gabby & Weiman as?

are they strikers or midfielders?

They don't score enough to be prolific strikers & don't create enough to be creative midfielders. This for me is where our lack of creativity lies. In this system, you are not going to get much out of a midfield trio of Delph, Westwood & Sanchez.

At Burnley, we played with Gabby & Weiman up front and Cole in the No10 role. This saw many chances created.

For me it is the system that is not working and if we persist in it, we have to be braver than just relying on the bread & butter type performances that Gabby & Weiman give us.

Seriously hope we can sign someone for that number 10 role.

Look at the players we were linked with;

Coutinho

Sissoko

Tadic

Popov

Belhanda

Kiyotake

Gouffran

etc. Anyone one of those players would've made a big difference to our team. With a bit more financial backing, I reckon Lambert would be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, if he IS actively looking for someone to play that position.

apparently lasse vigen christensen was at the game today, was linked with him in the metro a few days back, never heard of him, 20 years old, the article says he's replacing delph

Isn't this only being claimed by AVFCTransTweet on Twitter?

i think the transfer tweet will have picked it up from the metro (and i think the mirror) and just done what these transfer accounts do, there's some photos of sherwood in the suite after the game so maybe someone else will have spotted him too

someone has tweeted the guy himself, doubt he'll say yes but he might say no

i thought patrick roberts was the one at fulham to watch out for

So we need width and at least one creative talent in the middle and probably a partner for Benteke, some names which definitely wouldn't break the bank but could add something (I know, I know, it's doubtful we will buy a single player)...

Luciano Narsingh (PSV), dual sided winger

Marc Stendera (Eintract Frankfurt), AM

Alan (Red Bull Salzburg), Striker

Tommy Oar (FC Utrecht), LW

Marko Vejinovic (Vitesse, CM)

Franko Vasquez (Palermo), AM

Nemanja Gudelj (AZ), CM

Talk on twitter that Fulham midfielder was at VP. Anyone heard any more about it? Would be a good signing. He looks fantastic. Rave reviews from Fulham fans.

Edited by KSV

Talk on twitter that Fulham midfielder was at VP. Anyone heard any more about it? Would be a good signing. He looks fantastic. Rave reviews from Fulham fans.

Fulham midfielder? Good thing they only got one of those so we know who it is.