January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Lennon is supposedly on or around 55k a week. I doubt the club will match let alone improve it.

Dont forget that we are freeing up Bent wages which are a good bit more than this.

I personally think its hard to beat pace which Lennon has in abundance. I remember seeing an interview wit Rio Ferdinand and he says pace is the one thing you cant defend against.

In saying that, id wouldnt go for Lennon because he is much to injury prone and as he gets older he will only get worse.

I doubt Derby are paying even a third of Bent's wages. Any benefit from that won't come until the summer really. Getting fees in for Delph and Vlaar now would be very handy plus not brothering with Cleverley. Just two intelligent players to play with Benteke would make such a difference.

Lennon is supposedly on or around 55k a week. I doubt the club will match let alone improve it.

Dont forget that we are freeing up Bent wages which are a good bit more than this.

I personally think its hard to beat pace which Lennon has in abundance. I remember seeing an interview wit Rio Ferdinand and he says pace is the one thing you cant defend against.

In saying that, id wouldnt go for Lennon because he is much to injury prone and as he gets older he will only get worse.

Gabby has pace, but our guy is unable to do anything with it!

It amazes me when I see people scoff at that era so quickly. We finished 6th three years on the bounce.

Sixth was the minimum expectation given the resources made available at the time.

During those 3 sixth place finishes we had the eighth, sixth and sixth highest wage bill in the league. In addition during O'Neills time we had a net spend of approx 75 mill, much less if you include the Milner sale which took place days after he left. Given what was spent both in fees and wages then sixth place was about right. We didn't over achieve but we certainly didn't under achieve.

Anyway I like others have now gone way off topic.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

During those 3 sixth place finishes we had the eighth, sixth and sixth highest wage bill in the league. In addition during O'Neills time we had a net spend of approx 75 mill, much less if you include the Milner sale which took place days after he left. Given what was spent both in fees and wages then sixth place was about right. We didn't over achieve but we certainly didn't under achieve.

Anyway I like others have now gone way off topic.

The first sixth place finish was good but there still wasn't any team that finished below us that you can say we overachieved to finish ahead of. During 2008/09, we finished behind Everton. The next season Spurs finished fouth, not because their squad was vastly more expensive than ours but because they made better investments.

As I say though, the finishes under O'Neill would be looked upon more favourably if he had left a better legacy. Instead he embarked on what was a very short-term and poorly thought out transfer policy that had no sustainability. For that, it is impossible for me to look upon his reign in any sort of favourable light.

• Like 2

How about Paulino from Spurs, doesn't get a look in and maybe we could swap with delph seeing as they value him at 7m.

What's Mica Richards up to lately, always liked the look of his work rate! Loan maybe?
Plays for Fiorentina. Always thought he was good, but do we need him with Hutton?

I imagine playing in Serie A has done his tactical approach to games the world of good though.

• Like 2