January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Could this be the window we finally land Defoe ?

Really hope we sign a striker - for all the talk of lack of creativity, we are woeful in front of goal.

Being reported in the north east that he has / is signing for Sunderland in a £14m deal that includes Altidore going the otherway and that he will be on £80k a week.

Good Striker but if that deal is true then Sunderland have been had.

Yep absolutely mugged if its true.

On a side note altidore has 2 goals in 68PL games according to SSN. I am really struggling to get my head round that

Paul Lambert likes this

• Like 1

I really haven't seen anything in Januzaj that excites me or would want him here. I think he's been massively hyped by media which in turn had 4 different countries wanting him to play for them, which in itself is barmy. Sinclair could end up being a steven ireland mk2 who were struggling to shift of our books in a seasons time. also the last thing we need is another crock on our hands.

yes really.

REALLY?!

I really haven't seen anything in Januzaj that excites me or would want him here. I think he's been massively hyped by media which in turn had 4 different countries wanting him to play for them, which in itself is barmy. Sinclair could end up being a steven ireland mk2 who were struggling to shift of our books in a seasons time. also the last thing we need is another crock on our hands.

yes really.

REALLY?!

Jack Cork is out of contract in the summer! would anyone think he would be worth going for!! he is much better than Cleverley!!

Potentially a really good player there. Definitely worth picking up on a freebie. Would love to have him TBH

Being reported in the north east that he has / is signing for Sunderland in a £14m deal that includes Altidore going the otherway and that he will be on £80k a week.

Good Striker but if that deal is true then Sunderland have been had.

Those figures couldn't be correct. If the media are going to make things up they could at least use realistic figures.

I'd like to see another winger and a striker on loan.  If Delph goes then he will need replacing also.

This might be controversial, but I don't think replacing Delph would be a priority at this stage.

but that's relying on Gil being a good signing.

I agree with that. I think we really need to step away from this narrow 4-3-3 and move towards a 4-2-3-1 with width. In that formation we already have players perfectly suited for the holding positions in Sanchez and Westwood.

Exactly.

We have Westwood, Delph and Cleverley all suited to playing the same position, imo.

Whilst I think Delph is the best option out of those three, him leaving means we have 2 players left to cover that position.

But again, this assumes Gil works out, and we're playing a midfield 3 of him, Sanchez and one other.

Which is quite a big assumption

I honestly think that Lambert needs to have faith in him and just play him in his most natural position and play him consistently. I would be playing, at present, either a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Delph, Sanchez and Westwood and a Front 3 of Beteke, Gil and preferably a new wide man. That is what I would play away from home.

At home I would sacrifice one of Westwood or Delph and move Gil behind Benteke so it becomes a more attacking 4-2-3-1. If the wide play wasn't working then we could always bring on Cole and have 2 players behind Benteke and go more narrow.

What i'm finding is Gabby and Andi just don't fit into the starting line up anywhere for me.

Would rather have a diamond midfield with Sanchez holding, Westwood/Delph/Cleverley ahead of him and Gil at the tip.  Benteke and Gabby/Weimann/Robinson/whoever playing as 2 strikers so we don't get the standard situation of 2 centre backs on Benteke.

But hey, it'll never happen ;)

That's because we would have 12 players on the pitch! :-)

I simply cannot believe they paid that

Their chairman is worse than Lerner his money will run out eventually and he'll retreat across the atlantic

I think we will sign +2 Sinclair and maybe another fullback wasn't we linked with that Ivo pinto guy a while back

Edited by AshVilla

They didn't. The transfer fee is about 2m quid

And they are paying him circa £80k a week for 3 and a half years. He's 32. That is utterly insane. 

Still think Lennon would do a good job for us.

Totally. He's basically the player Lambert wants Gabby to be, except he isn't. He's a proper old fashioned wide man, I'm aware his final ball is hit and miss but his pace and his directness alone would give defenders a headache. He's a more intelligent footballer than people give him credit for too, IMO. 

He's one of those players that if we signed him peoples reservations would melt away within minutes I think. Plus - he's still only 27 years old. 

• Like 4

They didn't. The transfer fee is about 2m quid

Plus 80k in wages for 3.5 years

Imagine Darren Bent at that age for 3.5 years on 80k a week

Bargain

Straight out of the Martin O'Neill playbook 

• Like 1