January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Hmmmm, if only someone had mentioned it before, I *think* things would change if we took up the option to buy Cleverly, but that isn't looking likely at the moment. Meaning that any loan from United would be the second loan from that club. I'm almost certain of that at least.

But we couldn't loan both of them - at the same time?

Or could we?

• Like 1

Haven't the Premier league not posted some official literature on the subject online, outlining the rules. Might be worth putting it up here. I can understand why people want to know, I have to say it's bugging me now.

That they both have Manchester in their titles, has nothing to do with anything, at least when it comes to another team loaning players from them. Two entirely different clubs.

What if they both had Manchester in their title, both played in red and Dennis Law had played for both of them?

It really is a miinefield, I wish there was someone who could tell us straight up whether we could loan two players from the same club or not. Whilst I'm sure that Januzaj woudl be the second player from a red shirt wearing Manchester entitled club that Dennis Law had played for, I still don't know if that is ok as far as prem league rules are concerned.

• Like 1

I've just had a quick glance at the Premier League rule book and I can't see anything about not being able to loan players from the same club under the player loans section. Is it just one of those urban myths that people have gone with, and now it has a reputation as an absolute fact? I don't know but I'm sure the VIlla will have top Laywers looking into it.

To take our minds of it, I read on twitter yesterday speculation that we might be interested in a loan for Mitchell Weiser from Bayern Munich might be an alternative to Januzaj/Sinclair, if he's at all realistic.

That they both have Manchester in their titles, has nothing to do with anything, at least when it comes to another team loaning players from them. Two entirely different clubs.

What if they both had Manchester in their title, both played in red and Dennis Law had played for both of them?

It really is a miinefield, I wish there was someone who could tell us straight up whether we could loan two players from the same club or not. Whilst I'm sure that Januzaj woudl be the second player from a red shirt wearing Manchester entitled club that Dennis Law had played for, I still don't know if that is ok as far as prem league rules are concerned.

No more than four (4) Players (Short Term, [Emergency,] Long Term or [Youth]) may join
one Club from another Club (or club) in any Playing Season. [An additional Youth Loan
Player may be added to this figure.]

The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Short Term Loan transfers to or from
any one Club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.

If I've read that right we would be allowed to have 2 signings from the same club.

Bottom of page 15 of the PDF.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2013-14/standardised-rules.ashx.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

They are a good side so perhaps we should loan 2 players from them?

</p>

He's a good player and think he could adapt quite quickly to this league. Would be very happy if we could get him in on loan

Would be over the moon if we could get him.

That lad Torres looks a good player

He's on loan at Athletico Madrid... I fear that may cause problems.

If he's not good enough for Atletico, he's not good enough for us.