Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

God theres some keyboard warriors here. Sure it makes you feel great to try to belittle others on here but your on here so much it's a bit worrying. Someones saying we really need the win to avoid last day nerves you can see the point so stop being bell and get a life

But if we lose there is still a large chance of it not going to the last day. Therefore unless you're assuming Hull will beat Spurs it is not a must win.

Do we want to be safe at 14:40 tomorrow? Yes. To achieve this must we beat Southampton? Yes. If we lose does it increase our chances of relegation? Yes. Besides let's aim for twelve in the league.

Do we want to be safe at 14:40 tomorrow? Yes. To achieve this must we beat Southampton? Yes. If we lose does it increase our chances of relegation? Yes. Besides let's aim for twelve in the league.

I'll be in the pub so will most likely be sloshed without any idea of the time so 2.40, 4.45 it will be all be the same to me. ;)

Just getting my cup final preparation in of course.

I agree that tomorrow is a must win, otherwise next week could be the most nerve wracking final day in a long time.

We draw and Hull draw, it dosen't go to the final day.

Same if we lose and they lose

Can't decide who I want to go down more, Sunderland or Newcastle!?

If I could have picked 3 clubs to go it would have been Sunderland, Newcastle and Hull. 

I guess as long as it's not us then I don't really care.

In an ideal world, who would you like to be the last team to get relegated? 

In all seriousness though despite it appearing unlikely on paper the reality is that it's not absurd that we could still drop.

At what odds would you consider the possibility 'absurd'? A 1 in 20 chance? 1 in 50? 1 in 100?

Are teams really trying to avoid the Europa league on purpose?? If they don't want all the extra games, wouldn't it make more sense to qualify and lose early in the competition rather than not qualify at all? The lure of European football might attract some better players to the club and there must be some money available for qualifying... Plus there is more money available for finishing higher in the league anyway... I don't buy that teams are deliberately losing to avoid the Europa League?

• Like 1

In all seriousness though despite it appearing unlikely on paper the reality is that it's not absurd that we could still drop.

Of course it isn't absurd - absurd odds are thousands to one. 

It's more than unlikely though.

Yes but it's not a MUST win. We could lose tomorrow and still go on our holidays early.

It's not semantics, it's an English fail.

It is if we want to finish above Sandwell Town!  ;)