Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yep Diadora we're my first pair of trainers I bought myself at school.

I now have Gazelles, Sambas and LA trainers.

I can't find any Nike Omegas or Adidas Harvards or Adidas Triestes

Just checked borg diadora now £169 !

Are your LA trainers all leather ? I had a white leather pair with navy stripes - loved them, lost them and found them in the garage years later, destroyed by mould. Now the only LA I see are nylon ones - just not the same if you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Are your LA trainers all leather ? I had a white leather pair with navy stripes - loved them, lost them and found them in the garage years later, destroyed by mould. Now the only LA I see are nylon ones - just not the same if you know what I mean.

Suede and Nylon, direct from Adidas. 

Oddly enough JD seem to have a better selection of LA Trainers

• Like 1

All the above is very much a "thing I don't get". 

Clothes, shoes, labels, fashion. Never been remotely interested. Any surplus cash I had, went on records and books, not wasted on clobber. Just buy something cheap, comfortable and anonymous, as infrequently as possible (the maybe once-a-year torture of having to go clothes shopping. Ugh, worse than the dentist). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont get,why Im a Villa supporter.

I live 12.000 miles away,I have only been to VP twice,yet,still I get excited every preseason,I look foreward to the games,I buy heaps of Villa stuff ( 14 shirts,scarves,key ring,etc,etc,etc,and every year ( for over 50 years now ) I put myself through this every week.

Why do I do this ? I mean there is nothing to stop me waking up one morning and deciding that I am going to support Liverpool,Man $ity or any other successful team.but,no.Every morning I wake up and wonder what Villa are doing about their latest crisis.

its-in-the-blood-chuck-nice.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 20:52, mjmooney said:

Clothes, shoes, labels, fashion. Never been remotely interested. Any surplus cash I had, went on records and books, not wasted on clobber. Just buy something cheap, comfortable and anonymous, as infrequently as possible (the maybe once-a-year torture of having to go clothes shopping. Ugh, worse than the dentist). 

I was into it for a maybe 5 years max, around 18-23 years old. Then found better things to spend my money on (going out, holidays, cars)

On 01/09/2022 at 20:52, mjmooney said:

I don't think fashion necessarily needs to mean money.

You can be fashionable and not spend much money. It's probably harder, but it's perfectly doable. 

I agree with the principle though. I have the odd bit of clothing that I really like that I've spent money on, but most of my clothes shopping is done on ASOS where things are about as cheap as you'll get them online

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think fashion necessarily needs to mean money.

You can be fashionable and not spend much money. It's probably harder, but it's perfectly doable. 

I agree with the principle though. I have the odd bit of clothing that I really like that I've spent money on, but most of my clothes shopping is done on ASOS where things are about as cheap as you'll get them online

The money wasn't/isn't the major issue. If I was a multimillionaire, it wouldn't make any difference. It's just that I've never had any interest in fashion, and always hated shopping for clothes, even as a teenager. If I have to wear something new I feel awkward and selfconscious. I particularly hate it when people notice - "Ooh, new shirt, nice!" **** off. 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2022 at 13:52, PussEKatt said:

I dont get,why Im a Villa supporter.

I live 12.000 miles away,I have only been to VP twice,yet,still I get excited every preseason,I look foreward to the games,I buy heaps of Villa stuff ( 14 shirts,scarves,key ring,etc,etc,etc,and every year ( for over 50 years now ) I put myself through this every week.

Why do I do this ? I mean there is nothing to stop me waking up one morning and deciding that I am going to support Liverpool,Man $ity or any other successful team.but,no.Every morning I wake up and wonder what Villa are doing about their latest crisis.

Have you ever been to a perth glory game ? I have - that's probably why you follow villa 🤣

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't get it.

MEF96bE.jpg

I watched villa ladies play citeh last season and saw her "play"....it looked like she'd just come straight from a night out and on to the pitch;  fake tan, fake lashes and played like she was still drunk.

I know image is important for footballers both male and female but wearing fake lashes ?!?

On 01/09/2022 at 19:21, mottaloo said:

The original Borg Elites were Kangaroo skin if I recall. Had a pair of the reissues for my 50th a few years back 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The original Borg Elites were Kangaroo skin if I recall. Had a pair of the reissues for my 50th a few years back 

I know the missus would castrate me if I splashed out on a pair !

Perhaps I need to "grow a pair" and sod the consequences 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I know the missus would castrate me if I splashed out on a pair !

Perhaps I need to "grow a pair" and sod the consequences 🤣

"How much were they?"

"Ermm... £30 from Sports Direct luv'. Plus a free pair of Slazenger joggers"

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

Â