Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. It's for finding places that are difficult to locate using "traditional" means.

Strange that if it isn't a solution for taxis that they should dedicate a whole section of their website to just that

For a smoother ride-hailing experience

Save riders time, improve their experience and enhance driver productivity by enabling more accurate drop offs with 3 word addresses.

That claim is utter nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding of the issues in the industry as is this whopper...

More efficient
Postcodes can be frustratingly inaccurate and street address searches drop pins in the centre of buildings rather than precise drop-off points, which wastes time.

With a 3 word address, arriving at an exact 3m x 3m destination leads to significant time and mileage savings.

Efficiency savings do not come from accurate destinations. Efficiency savings are made with complex dispatch algos and accurate route planning, which 3m by 3m square a car ends up at makes no difference to efficiency at all, there's actually an argument that it does the opposite. 

It's also a great idea in principal but it fails to understand the human interaction, it also fails to understand what is and isn't accessible to a motor vehicle. That reduces efficiency (massively)

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I do a lot of site work in rural areas away from postcodes. What three words makes my life a thousand times easier when setting out works when I don't have a GPS, or when I'm meeting contractors.

No-one is disputing that it's useful in certain settings

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Strange that if it isn't a solution for taxis that they should dedicate a whole section of their website to just that

That claim is utter nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding of the issues in the industry as is this whopper...

Efficiency savings do not come from accurate destinations. Efficiency savings are made with complex dispatch algos and accurate route planning, which 3m by 3m square a car ends up at makes no difference to efficiency at all, there's actually an argument that it does the opposite. 

It's also a great idea in principal but it fails to understand the human interaction, it also fails to understand what is and isn't accessible to a motor vehicle. That reduces efficiency (massively)

Don't use it then.

I'm sure in your idyllic world where taxi drivers know every street and town like the back of their hand it's useless along with google maps.

For everyone else it works brilliantly.

14 hours ago, blandy said:

tell my front door from next door’s front door. Ok it’s only 12 inches, but…

Mountain Rescue, stuff like that, it’s brilliant. Truck deliveries to shops and warehouses, lost children,…all good.  If it was meant be a taxi app, then I concede it’s a bit crap.

8 hours ago, blandy said:

Look, you've had long enough now - I want my Kenny!

image.png.8cb9d49b92ed8d35a5d72828e4956e0a.png

"We mustn't get carried away!"

Why do British football commentators and sometimes forum members always cut off their own enthusiasm and say that they don't want to get "carried away"? What's so terrible about getting "carried away"? Where exactly do British people fear they will be carried away to? Syria? Madagascar?  Can't people just accept that it's OK to look uncool and stupid, and it's not the end of the universe (as I know from much personal experience). Is RELAX DON'T DO IT the 80s version of this? What's the matter with you people?  😉

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

"We mustn't get carried away!"

Why do British football commentators and sometimes forum members always cut off their own enthusiasm and say that they don't want to get "carried away"? What's so terrible about getting "carried away"? Where exactly do British people fear they will be carried away to? Syria? Madagascar?  Can't people just accept that it's OK to look uncool and stupid, and it's not the end of the universe (as I know from much personal experience). Is RELAX DON'T DO IT the 80s version of this? What's the matter with you people?  😉

As per the moon man, being a Villa fan should teach you this, being a part of this timeline in the universe for the last 15 years or so should teach you this.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Being a Villa supporter is like riding a rollercoaster.

…… without any brakes, the control box is on fire and the restraints have flung open. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

As a Villa fan, you should get this. 

Things Wiil Always Go Wrong. 

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

As per the moon man, being a Villa fan should teach you this, being a part of this timeline in the universe for the last 15 years or so should teach you this.

spacer.png

I have to confess, the last person I heard say this phrase about not getting “carried away” was in fact … a Villa podcaster.

You guys are good, very good, at this foruming  

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Don't rollercoasters have ups as well as downs?

Ours is a subterranean coaster, starts at ground level and the ride is underground until it reaches ground level again at the end.

• Like 1

The most annoying thing about being a villa fan, is that we're generally one of the top 15 teams in the entire country.

But that means NOTHING when we continually lose at key times to ensure we win nothing, seemingly forever.

We're the orgasm which never comes.

Almost... ALmost... ALMost... ALMOst... ALMOSt... Oh, we lost.

Better luck next year.

It would be better supporting a community club, whereby you are 200th best team in the country, you can walk to the stadium, it'll cost you £100 for a year and you don't waste as much time.  With the added bonus of not seeing thousands upon thousands of Arabic/African/teenrager Twitter accounts calling our chosen club "small" everyday.

Holy shit.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 22:38, lapal_fan said:

It would be better supporting a community club, whereby you are 200th best team in the country, you can walk to the stadium, it'll cost you £100 for a year and you don't waste as much time.  With the added bonus of not seeing thousands upon thousands of Arabic/African/teenrager Twitter accounts calling our chosen club "small" everyday.

I've been to a fair amount of FC United of Manchester games and its exactly like that. Community stadium, season tickets cost as much as you are prepared to donate, no big evil sponsorship, terraces, and a camaraderie between fans. 

Downside is they are Mancunians and all look like drugged out Paul Weller's. 

• Haha 1

Might be controversial, but i'll go with it...

The (many) women who date Ryan Giggs. Have they no self worth*? Even now, when he's a known womaniser and serial cheater, including banging his sister-in-law for years, they still throw themselves at him. He's currently dating a much younger 'model'.

Are they that desperate for a meal ticket that they would date an absolute prick like that? Put some value on yourself ladies. 

* I'm not victim blaming, its more a wider question of women dating arseholes and Giggs being the perfect example. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2022 at 17:38, lapal_fan said:

We're the orgasm which never comes.

Almost... ALmost... ALMost... ALMOst... ALMOSt... Oh, we lost.

So what you’re saying is that we need to have “that talk” with the GP? Hey, nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of guys experience it at one time or another. 

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Might be controversial, but i'll go with it...

The (many) women who date Ryan Giggs. Have they no self worth*? Even now, when he's a known womaniser and serial cheater, including banging his sister-in-law for years, they still throw themselves at him. He's currently dating a much younger 'model'.

Are they that desperate for a meal ticket that they would date an absolute prick like that? Put some value on yourself ladies. 

* I'm not victim blaming, its more a wider question of women dating arseholes and Giggs being the perfect example. 

It does make you wonder. Same thing many sports. 

Â