Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

They've announced a hosepipe ban in my area - which will begin in two week's time. What's the point of that? We can now waste as much water as we like for a fortnight, until it starts? 

Just announce it starting tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Over here odd number houses use water one day and even number houses use water on the next day.

My house has an even and an odd number. Sounds good to me.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Houses with a name rather than a number (like a lot of houses on the street where I live) might struggle with that policy.

Taxi drivers see nothing wrong with this, if they get no water, its all they deserve for making drive up their street relaly slowly in the dark looking at every house name

Wrong thread but hey ho :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Taxi drivers see nothing wrong with this, if they get no water, its all they deserve for making drive up their street relaly slowly in the dark looking at every house name

Wrong thread but hey ho :D

I suspect you wouldn’t much care for the road I live on. A lot of house names and the houses which are numbered aren’t in much of a consistent order. We use to have a self drawn map with all the house numbers and names on as we would often have delivery drivers asking at the door where a particular house was.

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I suspect you wouldn’t much care for the road I live on. A lot of house names and the houses which are numbered aren’t in much of a consistent order. We use to have a self drawn map with all the house numbers and names on as we would often have delivery drivers asking at the door where a particular house was.

its somewhere on this list just under the umbrella manufacturers to force people to have a logical house number come the glorious day :D

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Over here houses dont have names and every street has at least 50% of the houses with the number in irradecent paint on the curb outside the house ( like our house does )

13 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Over here houses dont have names and every street has at least 50% of the houses with the number in irradecent paint on the curb outside the house ( like our house does )

nacho-libre.gif

I dont know why houses dont have names but as far as the irradecent number in the front of the house goes.I think its a great idear because,If you have an emergency after dark the police,ambulance etc dont have to go looking for the house with a torch.

BTW the irradecent numbers are on the paving (always right next to the driveway ) so people know exactly where to look.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Sounds like a job for a sat nav.

Is 12B even or odd? Not that it matters, I don’t have a hose.

It's OK, I've got some you can have. 

298732396_5704767419547938_6340356703630533951_n.jpg.bf7f5615675fa244f988b0f904c9fea5.jpg

• Haha 2

These days I just get in a taxi and say painting.birds.teeth.

Why **** about with post codes? 

Edit.. I've just put my completely made up 3 words into what 3 words and it does exist in South Korea 😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

These days I just get in a taxi and say painting.birds.teeth.

Why **** about with post codes? 

Haha three little words is hilariously stupid. It’s an idea that doesn’t really take into account peoples accents and language levels, not only that it doesn’t link the square to an actual address. That there is a legal problem with what constitutes a pick-up location with regards to statutory requirements to record bookings. It's also impossible to decide which is and isn’t a viable location for pickup in a built up area. It’s a long way off being actually useful. If it could translate the three words to an actual address I could make 30 staff redundant tomorrow and switch everything to voice recognition.

18 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Sounds like a job for a sat nav.

Is 12B even or odd? Not that it matters, I don’t have a hose.

The satellites don't go as far as Oz though - they don't work upside down. Same for Google Maps.

• Thanks 1

Â