Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

9 hours ago, Xela said:

One of the things that has soured my enjoyment is the amount of negative nellies in On-Topic. They really suck the life out of everything. 

I should ignore them but can't - its like picking at a scab. 

I recommend steering clear for a few days after we fail to win a game.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 08:14, sidcow said:

I don't get why it's empowering to women to take off their top and show their sports bra. 

I would agree if we lived in a society where women were repressed and forced to cover up but in the UK if a woman wants to go to the swimming pool or beach in a bikini they are perfectly entitled to.   They are entitled to walk round city street in skimpy tops on hot days, go to festivals and clubs in not much more in fact less than a sports bra top. 

Maybe entirely because of what you’ve written in your second paragraph? Societal/male gaze expects women to ‘walk around city streets in skimpy tops’ whereas a sports bra is actually comfortable and practical for them to achieve their full potential in their field of excellence. Would be my take on it but could be wrong!

32 minutes ago, chappy said:

Maybe entirely because of what you’ve written in your second paragraph? Societal/male gaze expects women to ‘walk around city streets in skimpy tops’ whereas a sports bra is actually comfortable and practical for them to achieve their full potential in their field of excellence. Would be my take on it but could be wrong!

Thete some proper bo****s being spouted on here lately to try justify stuff!

On 05/08/2022 at 08:14, sidcow said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm an older guy but I'm trying not to come over all gammony. 

I don't get why it's empowering to women to take off their top and show their sports bra. 

I would agree if we lived in a society where women were repressed and forced to cover up but in the UK if a woman wants to go to the swimming pool or beach in a bikini they are perfectly entitled to.   They are entitled to walk round city street in skimpy tops on hot days, go to festivals and clubs in not much more in fact less than a sports bra top. 

I just don't understand the empowerment thing. 

I have to admit I never knew it was being referred to as empowering. It just felt like a nice moment.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I recommend steering clear for a few days after we fail to win a game.

Even when we win its bad! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dont understand why people dring sooooo much that they dont know where they are or what they are doing.I dont mind drinking,but surely drinking that much is stopidity of the highest digree ?!

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 09:11, mjmooney said:

Sorry to bring football into OT, but I Don't Get all these posters saying how they're excited and looking forward to the new season. 

I'm full of dread, foreboding and pessimism, as always. 

See? See? 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

See? See? 

Its your years of experience mate! 

I've had any glimmer of enthusiasm I had, stubbed out already. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont understand why people dring sooooo much that they dont know where they are or what they are doing.I dont mind drinking,but surely drinking that much is stopidity of the highest digree ?!

Tnqov5T.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

My wife complains when I use a steak knife to cut a slice of salami.

Apparently bits of meat are caught up in the serrations.

Best results for slicing cured meats like salami are obtained from using a very sharp non-serrated  kitchen knife anyway

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Best results for slicing cured meats like salami are obtained from using a very sharp non-serrated  kitchen knife anyway

Eh? At Casa Anthony It's either presliced, or it gets eaten like an apple.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

You uncultured heathen, Sei Fuori! :D

Makes me question his 'Location'. Surely you wouldn't be allowed to live there buying pre-sliced anything.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Makes me question his 'Location'. Surely you wouldn't be allowed to live there buying pre-sliced anything.

Look, right. Ocado does pre sliced. End of. 

5 hours ago, bickster said:

That would mean I have to find, clean, sharpen, clean and find clean a cutting board. There are doze steak knives in the draw, and to be honest they work just fine. The cheap serrated knives are fit for purpose.

14 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

That would mean I have to find, clean, sharpen, clean and find clean a cutting board. There are doze steak knives in the draw, and to be honest they work just fine. The cheap serrated knives are fit for purpose.

Don't feel the need to defend yourself against the knife snobs. 

You go your own way on this. **** the lot of them. 

Â