Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

What shitty behaviour. 

I'd give him the chance to admit it again. Just mention you have it on CCTV and if no one admits to it then it will need to be dealt with by the police in order to obtain a crime reference number for the insurance. 

I will have another word tomorrow,  so disappointing.  We all make mistakes  and insurance  is there for that.  Can't believe he would do it to a neighbour  who has cctv outside their house, risking a fine and God knows how many points. 

Oh well at least Jack's back for Sunday 🤩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

First time seeing this particular thing so here goes: I don't get people that get a kick out of stirring up drama.

It’s when they get away with it that annoys me. 

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

First time seeing this particular thing so here goes: I don't get people that get a kick out of stirring up drama.

Got a family full of it

Bored with their life is usually my answer, it's a mental thing, tinged with unhappiness and maybe even depression trying to drag everyone down in to their misery 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tinker said:

I will have another word tomorrow,  so disappointing.  We all make mistakes  and insurance  is there for that.  Can't believe he would do it to a neighbour  who has cctv outside their house, risking a fine and God knows how many points. 

Oh well at least Jack's back for Sunday 🤩

I'll need an update on this neighbour story please

• Like 1

I was reversing out of my drive and just very slightly clipped an old banger that was in the road. Some plonker comes over and says he saw me do it.

I don't **** think so, sunshine ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

They seem very keen to sort it

The other side's insurers always are when their client is at fault. The longer it goes on the more it costs them. Being as its a stationary vehicle with nobody in the vehicle at the time, they just want it off their books and you don't really have much wriggle room in the claim. There's no personal injuries so they'll make an offer and settle pretty quickly

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Went over to see him, told him I had cctv and a witness, which I did have,  explained the implications for him if he denied hitting the car, I would have to fill an online wmp form reporting a hit and run. Apparently Quite a serious offence, points and a fine. 

He asked to see the cctv but I declined , if he wasn't willing to admit the error then the police and insurance could take a look at the cctv and decide if he was to blame was my reasoning. As it turned out both my cameras picked the collision up and the elaborate  escape route (he drove across his neighbours  front drive) I left him to decide what he wanted to do and he came over to mine half an hour later with his documents . His insurance  phoned me up within half an hour offering to pay for all the damage saying he admitted the accident was his fault. 

LV , anyone had experience  of them and a claim ? They seem very keen to sort it , the car is almost certainly  a right off, they want photos of the car all around, the damage and the mileage. 

We all make mistake and panic, I can't say I'm happy because I had to force the neighbours hand but he came good.in the end. As a final insult to injury when he came over to give me his details he had an baggies top on!

The top is the straw that breaks the camel‘s back. Cut him, harsh but fair

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

As a final insult to injury when he came over to give me his details he had an baggies top on!

If i'd have known that fact before, i would have recommended going to the Police straight away :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I was reversing out of my drive and just very slightly clipped an old banger that was in the road.

What was her name? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Some people revel in it.

I hate to say it, but in my experience, it mainly seems to be women. Some I have known have manufactured drama for no apparent reason. Luckily I removed all people from my life who do that, and life is so much simpler. 

22 hours ago, tinker said:

My neighbour.......he's reversed of his drive straight into my wife's car damaging the door and the wing (old car its basically  wrote it off) and then denied it when I asked him.

Just checked my cctv and it's clear he's hit the car. Police told.me to report at a hit and run but we live opposite  each other and have done for 10 years....not sure whether to show him the cctv or follow the police's  advice.......I just don't get it.

I was sat in my car once and some woman drove into it ... I got out and looked at the damage and she said to me “can I help you” 

said to her you just drove into my car and she denied it and accused me off trying to scam her , she said I have collusion detectors and cameras on my car and know I didn’t hit you... when I pointed out the white paint down the side of my car ( her car was white) and the black paint on her car (my colour ) she said no that black paint was from an accident I had the other day and then she walked off

My first thought was to go into a shop and buy something large and smash her windscreen with it , but rest assured there would have suddenly been about 69,012 witnesses at that point , so in the end she got away with it ...I had to take the hit on the repair .

I’m just hoping she died in agony of some disease  having just watched both her children having been eaten by a T-Rex

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was sat in my car once and some woman drove into it ... I got out and looked at the damage and she said to me “can I help you” 

said to her you just drove into my car and she denied it and accused me off trying to scam her , she said I have collusion detectors and cameras on my car and know I didn’t hit you... when I pointed out the white paint down the side of my car ( her car was white) and the black paint on her car (my colour ) she said no that black paint was from an accident I had the other day and then she walked off

My first thought was to go into a shop and buy something large and smash her windscreen with it , but rest assured there would have suddenly been about 69,012 witnesses at that point , so in the end she got away with it ...I had to take the hit on the repair .

I’m just hoping she died in agony of some disease  having just watched both her children having been eaten by a T-Rex

If your like me then that would rile me for a few years. The stress that this type of selfish behaviour  causes is more costly  than a bit of metal and some paint. 

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

LV , anyone had experience  of them and a claim ? They seem very keen to sort it , the car is almost certainly  a right off, they want photos of the car all around, the damage and the mileage. 

They aren’t the best, but honestly the best option is to with them. If not, you’d have to go via your own insurance, who would then need to recover costs off LV (also your excess that you would have to personally recover). LV are rubbish communicating with other insurers and so YOUR claim history would be affected until they deceived to pay up. 

• Like 1

My Gran used to reverse off our drive and hit the car over the road so often (she would always pay him cash to keep herself insurable) that he actually used to move his car down the road when she visited. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think if you had photos of the paint on each others cars you would have had a good case against her.  I would have reported her. 

Â