Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On 22/01/2021 at 13:51, sidcow said:

There is no argument. It's been proven in court at huge expense.  They are officially cakes saving McVities tens of millions of pounds in back VAT payments. 

Biscuits go soft if left out. Jaffa Cakes go hard if left out.... Like cakes. That's what won them the case. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Has anyone said yet cakes go hard biscuits go soft, jaffa cakes go hard 

I rest my case m'lord 

ImmaculateCarelessJackal-small.gif

• Like 1

Shop near me used to sell boxes of broken biscuits .... every now and then you’d find an unbroken bourbon in the box and feel like you’d just won a huge victory over the supplier ..

the biscuits always tasted better as well , probably because in each bite you’d get a fusion of bourbon ,custard cream , nice and some random bar that wasn’t a penguin but looked and tasted just like one.

Thing is, it only takes one lemon puff in a mixed selection of biscuits, and everything is lemon puff.

I mean, if you like lemon puffs, I guess that’s a result.

We currently have one unopened packet of Biscoff. Nothing else. As long as the pack is sealed, they’ll just sit there. Once opened they’ll be gone in a couple of days. We smashed through about 4 boxes of M&S chocolate biscuits at Christmas as part of my elaborate expenses scam, so we’re all biscuited out for a while.

My current snack of choice, low fat yogurt with some sultanas and cinnamon mixed in. You can do things like that once dunking is less important...

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My current snack of choice, low fat yogurt with some sultanas and cinnamon mixed in. You can do things like that once dunking is less important...

You could dunk the Biscoff in the yogurt

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My current snack of choice, low fat yogurt with some sultanas and cinnamon mixed in.

Gordon Bennett, that's not a snack, that's a punishment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Would be better with raisins... 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Thing is, it only takes one lemon puff in a mixed selection of biscuits, and everything is lemon puff.

I mean, if you like lemon puffs, I guess that’s a result.

We currently have one unopened packet of Biscoff. Nothing else. As long as the pack is sealed, they’ll just sit there. Once opened they’ll be gone in a couple of days. We smashed through about 4 boxes of M&S chocolate biscuits at Christmas as part of my elaborate expenses scam, so we’re all biscuited out for a while.

Oh god, Lemon Puff Biscuits. That's some nasty shit. Do they even still exist? And if so why? 

The photo of Bernie Sanders sat with his coat and gloves on at Biden's inauguration becoming a huge viral meme.

It's been all over social media the last few days. Whatever's supposed to be funny about it is completely lost on me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The photo of Bernie Sanders sat with his coat and gloves on at Biden's inauguration becoming a huge viral meme.

It's been all over social media the last few days. Whatever's supposed to be funny about it is completely lost on me. 

Juxtaposition. Completely normal like you and me amongst all people dressed up to the nines. It was out of place. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Juxtaposition. Completely normal like you and me amongst all people dressed up to the nines. It was out of place. 

Ah okay, fair enough.

But what about...

Bernie_Sanders_mittens_meme_9.jpg?w=848

I was going to ask why that's funny, but then I looked again and did chuckle.

• Haha 1

Must admit at the time I just the image witout any context and assumed he had been snubbed and stuck somewhere out the way , like you do with the mother-in-law when your soon-to-be wife insists she comes to your wedding

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh god, Lemon Puff Biscuits. That's some nasty shit. Do they even still exist? And if so why? 

Inappropriate to post a KW pic ?

Asking for a friend...

Â