Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

27 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

It ain't no party without party rings is my Mrs likes to say. They're ok but don't come close to a custard cream.

They are still better than Oreos though. Top 3! Who the hell has Oreos in their top 3?! 😄

1. Some people on here

2. Arms dealers 

3. Non-military people who say 'negative'

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290f7fb6732bf00208f4

No biscuit lover would ever have a tin like that, the biscuits would be eaten! What you have there is a tin of biscuits nobody wants, it's even got those disgusting rich tea sandwich things with the PINK filling and Nice biscuits. The Oreos are in their natural environment, the tin of biscuit shame

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

No biscuit lover would ever have a tin like that, the biscuits would be eaten! What you have there is a tin of biscuits nobody wants, it's even got those disgusting rich tea sandwich things with the PINK filling and Nice biscuits. The Oreos are in their natural environment, the tin of biscuit shame

I am on a diet. They would be gone under normal circumstances. 

• Haha 1

Has anyone got an actual bespoke biscuit tin with one of those filters inside to absorb the moisture.  My parents had one through my childhood but we just use an old chocolate tin. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone got an actual bespoke biscuit tin with one of those filters inside to absorb the moisture.  My parents had one through my childhood but we just use an old chocolate tin. 

Used to have one, but it got rusty and we chucked it. Got a ceramic one now. (One for the Boring thread). 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remember them, I have one the daughter bought me as a gift but it doesnt have one of those filters in just a rubber seal. I was shocked at @Seat68and his Biscuit Tin of Shame as the biscuits are unwrapped, I keep mine in the tin, in the packet, they stay fresher that way, I assumed everyone did this. Keeping biscuits in a tin after unwrapping them seems like biscuit abuse to me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I remember them, I have one the daughter bought me as a gift but it doesnt have one of those filters in just a rubber seal. I was shocked at @Seat68and his Biscuit Tin of Shame as the biscuits are unwrapped, I keep mine in the tin, in the packet, they stay fresher that way, I assumed everyone did this. Keeping biscuits in a tin after unwrapping them seems like biscuit abuse to me

I have heard oddballs of the northwest do this. Mine are loose for easy access. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Boris Johnson being a man you can meet at the pub for a drink.

No, you've got it wrong

Boris Johnson is the kind of man you'd punch in the pub for a pint

"Do us a favour, punch him over there and I'll get you a pint in"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, you've got it wrong

Boris Johnson is the kind of man you'd punch in the pub for a pint

"Do us a favour, punch him over there and I'll get you a pint in"

😂 I'd be up for that. 

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2021 at 13:59, It's Your Round said:

I know that. I should’ve realised that VT will know that too. Somebody will be along shortly to link the full 187 page documented legal proceedings :)

https://library.croneri.co.uk/cch_uk/bvc/1991-bvc-818

The issue was whether ‘Jaffa Cakes’, which had previously been zero-rated as food, were really biscuits covered with chocolate and as such liable to the standard rate of value added tax.

Under the trading name of McVities the appellant manufactured cakes and biscuits, one of their products being Jaffa Cakes. The appellant contended that Jaffa Cakes were food of a kind used for human consumption and chargeable to tax at the zero rate under Sch. 5, Grp. 1 of the Value Added Tax Act 1983.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

https://library.croneri.co.uk/cch_uk/bvc/1991-bvc-818

The issue was whether ‘Jaffa Cakes’, which had previously been zero-rated as food, were really biscuits covered with chocolate and as such liable to the standard rate of value added tax.

Under the trading name of McVities the appellant manufactured cakes and biscuits, one of their products being Jaffa Cakes. The appellant contended that Jaffa Cakes were food of a kind used for human consumption and chargeable to tax at the zero rate under Sch. 5, Grp. 1 of the Value Added Tax Act 1983.

Told ya! 😂

Â