Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

The photo of Bernie Sanders sat with his coat and gloves on at Biden's inauguration becoming a huge viral meme.

It's been all over social media the last few days. Whatever's supposed to be funny about it is completely lost on me. 

Screenshot_2021-01-24-18-48-38-05.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/01/2021 at 12:17, sidcow said:

Oh god, Lemon Puff Biscuits. That's some nasty shit. Do they even still exist? And if so why? 

I love lemon puff biscuits.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Xela said:

Wearing a face mask while driving your car, on your own. Why? 

I have found myself doing it.

I’ve gone to Lidl, had to wear a mask. Came out, got in car, drove home.

Just forgot about the mask. But then I’ve lost 22 kg, so I’m not breathing like a pregnant hippo anymore.

• Like 1

I can't wait to get it off (kenneth.jpeg)

Three reasons for that though

- Excess lockdown weight

- I have a big head (kenneth2.jpeg) - even my Mom said I was a fat headed baby

- I have a great big bushy beard. 

When I put a mask on, points 2 and 3 combine to make it a very tight fit, even with the elastic straps. My ears are being pulled forward constantly. I'll come out of this pandemic with cauliflower ears. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

- Excess lockdown weight

When I put a mask on, points 2 and 3 combine to make it a very tight fit, even with the elastic straps. My ears are being pulled forward constantly. I'll come out of this pandemic with cauliflower ears. 

Pics or GTFO

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

- Excess lockdown weight

Yeah, I’ve been through a few different types of masks, and home made masks to find a decent comfy fit. One size defo didn’t fit all.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Pics or GTFO

You do know what his mum is trying to say, don’t you?

Edited by chrisp65

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wearing a face mask while driving your car, on your own. Why? 

Last year, about the time when it wasn’t mandatory for people to wear masks but some were anyway....

I was driving back from the supermarket, reach a junction and have a quick glance in my rear view mirror. The car behind me has a driver and a front passenger. The driver is wearing a mask and the passenger is smoking a cigarette, obviously not wearing a mask. “Ok, on the face of it, a bit of a half measure, but fair enough” I thought.

I carry on driving and after a minute, I reach some temporary traffic lights and come to a stop. I look back in my rear view mirror again and see that (half measures be damned) the passenger now has her mask on, while the driver has his mask pulled down and is now smoking what I presumed to be the same cigarette. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Last year, about the time when it wasn’t mandatory for people to wear masks but some were anyway....

I was driving back from the supermarket, reach a junction and have a quick glance in my rear view mirror. The car behind me has a driver and a front passenger. The driver is wearing a mask and the passenger is smoking a cigarette, obviously not wearing a mask. “Ok, on the face of it, a bit of a half measure, but fair enough” I thought.

I carry on driving and after a minute, I reach some temporary traffic lights and come to a stop. I look back in my rear view mirror again and see that (half measures be damned) the passenger now has her mask on, while the driver has his mask pulled down and is now smoking what I presumed to be the same cigarette. 

Could you smell the cigarette?   Around here I would assume it was not a cigarette if they were sharing.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I’ve been through a few different types of masks, and home made masks to find a decent comfy fit. One size defo didn’t fit all.

You do know what his mum is trying to say, don’t you?

I just read "elastic" and "cauliflower".

That was enough.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 15:57, brommy said:

Is it just an extension of ‘community’? I have mixed feelings on both.

I think it’s a sense of “belonging” that people identify with. I suppose to an extent, it’s a similar mindset to football although that’s obviously a voluntary loyalty, whereas patriotism is almost expected of someone.

To digress, this stuff with the flags, I just don’t know. It used to be easy to take this piss out of the US with their flag obsession. Feels like that’s not available to us anymore. I suppose it’s bubbled away over the years, every major tournament England find themselves in, the St George’s cross flapping away on cars as they drive past. 

I guess the stuff with the bbc is part of the on going culture war and reinforcing the idea of the union with the threat of Scottish independence. 

FWIW I have no real problem with people hanging a flag up around their house or whatever, I just think it often looks a bit shit. I could maybe get my head around people wanting to showcase the St George’s flag if it was an attractive design. At least the Welsh one is interesting to look at, it’s striking (and of course it’s the one that isn’t used to represent the UK). The English one...put it like this, if you asked a classroom full of kids to design a flag and one of them drew two red lines and handed it in to be marked, that kid isn’t going to get too many house points for that effort.

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbour.......he's reversed of his drive straight into my wife's car damaging the door and the wing (old car its basically  wrote it off) and then denied it when I asked him.

Just checked my cctv and it's clear he's hit the car. Police told.me to report at a hit and run but we live opposite  each other and have done for 10 years....not sure whether to show him the cctv or follow the police's  advice.......I just don't get it.

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

My neighbour.......he's reversed of his drive straight into my wife's car damaging the door and the wing (old car its basically  wrote it off) and then denied it when I asked him.

Just checked my cctv and it's clear he's hit the car. Police told.me to report at a hit and run but we live opposite  each other and have done for 10 years....not sure whether to show him the cctv or follow the police's  advice.......I just don't get it.

What shitty behaviour. 

I'd give him the chance to admit it again. Just mention you have it on CCTV and if no one admits to it then it will need to be dealt with by the police in order to obtain a crime reference number for the insurance. 

• Like 3

Â