Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Seeing as he ain't going it's all hypothetical.

However should sense prevail, Pulis would be my shout on the basis of possibly making the impact required with the present staff.....Moyes has morphed in to a manager that needs money....he won't go back to scratting around with modest funds.

Steve Bruce has usually done a rounded job where ever he has gone

A manager with the philosophies of the expansive game would be a pipe dream as that would require transfer funds that Randy has clearly made redundant from his thoughts.

Pulis for me....closest to Ron Saunders fro me.

On who we could attract it's anyones guess as no one of us knows what the terms would be.

There are obious managers that are out of our range but apart from the top names who knows?

We shuold not forget that making a name for ones self in the English PL could be a pull for many managers, and that with a reported salary of £2million/season (old contract) there are only about 30 managers in the world of football earning more money than Mr Lambert.

Moyes long term appointment  B)

Pulis short term fix  :P

Gregory romantic choice  :wub:

I kind of get the first two ,but Gregory ? Romantic ? This is the man responible for the most insipid display I've ever seen from a team in a cup final .

Yeah that was a bit tongue in cheek

All these names like Mclaren, Pullis, Moyes and Southgate just spell Déjà vu to me, we need something new.

Agreed

I'd be willing to take Pulis for the rest of the season just to halt the freefall and keep us in the league. (and no way would he accept that)

But for the long term i wan't something distinctivly diffrent. We need to break the mold if we're ever going to get back to the top half of the table

But during the season might not be the time to bring in someone who's going to make wholesale changes the playing style as our players probably just aren't good enough to adapt that quickly. But I do think if we get rid of Lambert it might as well be for someone who'll offer something different.

What has Sherwood ever done to even be considered?

His win ratio at Spurs was actually really good.

Think we need to go down the foreign route now but it would be another British manager, Pulis seems likely and no chance of going down under him as he's kept much poorer sides up.

Jorge Sampaoli

I suggested him back in the summer. Would be a massive move for us. However, his style of play (and that of any modern coach) will take time to implement and would probably be best served coming in, in the summer with a pre season behind them. Therefore I would take Pullis until the end of the season as he would organise the team, get goals out of Benteke and hopefully keep us up. Whether he'd agree to coming in on that basis is another matter

Aye Sampaoli is a Bielsa disciple with how his teams play so short of getting the original, I'd be all for it on a purist level.

I've no idea what he's done at club level, all I know is of him as Chile manager so I'd say it would be remote he'd suddenly up sticks and move to Europe.

He also reminds me of MON on the touchline jumping about in his tracksuit.

The funniest thing about this thread is that some people actually rate Tim Sherwood, someone who was at a pretty wealthy club, with lots of resources and did ok, but not great...yet...Steve McLaren, who was very decent at Middlesborough, was excellent at FC Twente, ok at Wolfsburg and has done really well at Derby, is seen a bad choice...it's mental.

Moyes would be a good shout and probably Randy's first choice.

McLaren would be a decent option in my opinion, although that doesn't guarantee anything.

Pulis has experience and may steady things, but he's not the type of manager who signs up as a stop gap. If he hadn't fallen out with his chairman he'd have been a Palace for a while.

• Like 1

Â